Sign in to follow this  
itsmejojo

kingcut a630

I am extremely new to this.  I am only in it to start a new hobby.  I recently picked up a kingcut a630 dirt cheap.  it is currently running of an older PC with windows xp.  I would like to know what I need to do to be able to use my newer PC with windows 8 to do all mt cutting.  any help and info would be greatly appreciated.  thanks

do your self a BIG favor ,,stay back on XP.  You will be miles ahead right there. 

XP is more stable.  I only run XP.  Many are down grading to windows 7 or XP. 

Only reason I'm looking to change is because I only have room for one pc and my older computer with xp is crap. Lots of registry errors and other issues. I got the PC from the same guy I got the cutter and its only cause that's what he was running the cutter on.

Plenty of great deals on used computers on the big auction site,with XP.  including with serial.  You don't need a new fancy computer to run a vinyl cutter. 

My last purchase a couple months a ago was a 15" Toshiba satellite laptop with XP.  works perfect $70, included shipping.

Look around the computer guys on  Ebay,     Many complaints on windows 8.  People going back to 7

skeeter, sometimes they just have to hit thier heads a few times before the ears turn on.

• Like 1

I've smacked my head on this very topic. STAY WITH XP!!!! I am telling you this from my new laptop with 8 that is terrible for sign cutting. I know a few will disagree but I can tell you from my experience don't do it.

If you want to fix up the XP box it should be pretty easy or even try to restore it. I have heard bad things about Windows 8 especially regarding cutting. I run windows 7 without any issues but like everyone has said, we have seen or experienced incompatibilities with Windows 8 and cutters or the software related to them.

Two programs I have on all of my computers are Malware Bytes and CC Cleaner. They are both free and are powerful tools. Doing hard drive maintenance will also make a big difference in performance like defragmention and scanning for errors. Uninstall applications you will not be using and clean out the dust.

• Like 1

SignCut has a free trial with King drivers ( 1350, 1120, 960, 720).  The a630 is not listed among them.

It does however list the Creation Kcut-CT630.

Do you have your comm port configured correctly?

Make sure you chose the same com port in software as your device manager.

in signcut should be creation hk KCUT k24 (ct630)

ok fellas new question.  I got the drivers installed and it now recognizes my kingcut a630 in setup.  it also recognizes it as a usb drive.  when I go to cut something it does nothing.  once I try and cancel the cut after it sits for a bit it freezes.  any ideas on my next move.  been helpful so far thanks guys.

Make sure the ports are the set the same in the cutting software as in your device manager.

What cutting software are you using?

im unsure about the cutting software if you have an idea on where I can go to check it I will.  as far as getting to the device manager I cant find it to open it.  before SBE recognized my cutter the device manager was an option to open and now that it sees the cutter it doesn't let me bring it up.

At the top of the Signblazer layout screen is CUTTER,  click it>  then at the top click SET UP.   A window opens,  To the left below  the cutter Name  is a Com port number,  That number should match the com port number in your device manager.

For device manager you should be able to go to search your computer support,(inside your computer)  and do a search for the device manger on your type of computer.

ok  when I click cutter and go to setup.  for the cutter name it says kincut usb a630.  I has a bunch of different type of cutter but that is my cutter.  as far as going to the device manager I don't see anything that says kincut usb a630 or anything similar

In device manager,  It is not going to say anything about Kingcut , unplug / plug your cable into a computer com port and see which one you are using ,  try them all   Match up to  Signblazer com port number you used there.

In my XP it is under Start> CONTROL PANEL> SYSTEM> HARDWARE> DEVICE MANAGER