SimplyYouDecals

NEVER Received full order!!!

I placed an order with US cutter. When I received my order I was shorted 2 rolls of heat transfer vinyl. When I called to complain, they said they can only offer me half my money back in store credit. I will never do business with this company again!!! They stole from me, and all they can offer me is Half the amount stolen in store credit!! Stay away from US cutter!!

Lots of complaints lately I don't know what they have done, but pissing off customer or potential customers has never made a business successful. I will admit I haven't had problems yet but I also don't order a lot from them. However the last shipment I received was 100% perfect. However I'm having issues with another company about some Beer Steins we had purchased to print on, they came broke and all they wanted to do was hand me my money and not help any further. However I started raising hell on them threatened to leave never come back, and I would let everyone know how crappy they were to us. Let me tell you things changed and now I'm getting my replacements, free shipping, and got 2 extra steins under 12.00 when they were going to charge me more earlier.

If you paid through paypal or credit card just dispute it with them. Sorry to hear about your issue but that's the best advice I can give.

I placed an order with US cutter. When I received my order I was shorted 2 rolls of heat transfer vinyl. When I called to complain, they said they can only offer me half my money back in store credit. I will never do business with this company again!!! They stole from me, and all they can offer me is Half the amount stolen in store credit!! Stay away from US cutter!!

Have you absolutely made sure that the items are not coming from a different location with a different tracking number?  As some times they are out of Stock and come straight from manufacturer.  Or different warehouse.  I have had Oracal vinyl come straight from Oracal before. and it is not on my packing list.

When you got your confirmation and tracking number,  was the  heat transfer vinyl included under all of the tracking number or TBD?   Look at your confirmation and packing list.    Just checking.   Also I have never had a problem..  I just received an order this week from Memphis.

What did the packing slip say?

When you say they "shorted" you materials, that leads me to believe it never was placed into the box, and the packing slip will reflect that.

That being the situation, you have documented proof of not receiving the rolls.

So, why would the company refuse to make it right, knowing that you can prove that the box did not contain what you ordered?

Something doesn't add up here.

I've had problems with them but never a short order. Oracle drop ships to me all the time and occasionally I get material from the Washington warehouse which is a 5 day delivery for me. Just check the email and packing slip as suggested above.

What did the packing slip say?

When you say they "shorted" you materials, that leads me to believe it never was placed into the box, and the packing slip will reflect that.

That being the situation, you have documented proof of not receiving the rolls.

So, why would the company refuse to make it right, knowing that you can prove that the box did not contain what you ordered?

Something doesn't add up here.

Just because the packing slip says it was iin the box, doesn't mean it really was. People make mistakes.

I received delivery confirmation from USPS that a package had been delivered to my locked mail box. When I went to retrieve it, nothing was there. I called the Post Office and they told me they have proof it was delivered. (Delivery Confirmation, lol)

Not much I could do. I couldn't go back to the person I bought it from because something was delivered.

I think it was put in the wrong box but I couldn't prove it.

TSK TSK TSK

I would like to think, when the OP called US Cutter to discuss the shortage, IF in fact the items where back ordered or shipped separately  or from another warehouse or under a different tracking number etc..... That the customer service person would see that in the computer system.  Also if that was the case the Customer service person should have mentioned or discussed that with the customer.

"Oh, I see here that those two items appeared to ship separately straight from the manufacturer as it has a different tracking number.  Hold on let me check that tracking number for you.  Ok, I see the package is in (insert city here) and is scheduled to be at your place Monday the 29th.  I am sorry for the confusion but you should receive it on Monday.  If not please check back with us so that we can follow up for you.  Again, I am sorry for the confusion.  Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

Or, maybe they just never shipped it at all.  Please follow up with us on this as I am curious to the outcome.  Good luck

Also what confuses me here is the fact that, they offered a solution.  That to me shows that they are saying they shipped it all in one box.  They have determined that the customer has received what was ordered, via tracking info on package etc.  So to my, by offering a customer half of the amount, in store credit says to me they think the customer is lying.  That's my take on it and what it appears to me. 

Does that make sense.  They shouldn't even offer the store credit part if they checked the tracking numbers and see that it was two shipments and that one hasn't arrived.

Something is not adding up here.

I would think the shipping weight on the large box could answer the question..   I had 3 vinyl  rolls come in 1 large  box this week.  Total ship weight is on the ship label.    It is also on Fedex...confirmation tracking.    It is not even rounded up.  Mine was 33.4 pounds.

I had a customer try and pull that on me 1 time.  Claimed never got the 2nd set of decals...Both sets were  shipped in 1 box..    One set weighed under 13 oz, and would have been First Class..  2nd set put the weight over 13 oz, so was rounded up to 2 pounds,, priority shipping. Was between 1-2 pounds.   And I said weigh up a set, and you will see it is 10 oz.   I know how much orders weigh. Then maybe you  can explain why the shipment weighed up over 1 pound had to be shipped at 2 pounds, and had to be sent priority, shipping. ......  I never heard another word from that customer.  LOL .  He is also on my block list.

Thank you for everyones responses... I will explain my order more in detail so everyone could better understand.  On 22 July 2013 I placed an order for an event this weekend.  The order had 8 items on it.  When I received my order yesterday 25 July 2013 approx 1800hrs from Fed Ex, I immediately opened the package to start the cutting I need to do for the weekend event.  I immediately noticed I did not have 2 rolls of Transfer Vinyl, (Bubble Gum and Columbia) Which happened to be the main two colors I need for the weekend event.  I rechecked my front door in case the Fed Ex guy placed it on my porch after I grabbed the first box.  Please note, I was there when the Fed Ex guy dropped it off.  When I was unable to locate these items I attempted to call US Cutter, which they were closed.  I then got online and emailed through the online support.  This morning, (26 July 2013) I received an email stating they rechecked the order 3 times and they say they packed all items.  I have a packing list that says the items are in here, but I can assure you they were not in the box.  I rechecked the Fed Ex box to check if it had been tampered with, and it did not appear to be tampered with.  I then called customer service and spoke with a Benjiman who claims to be the manager who stated they are sorry I did not receive my items and they will give me a $40 dollar "Credit" to future purchases.  The two rolls of vinyl that I "still" need cost over $70.  After further dispute of them assuring me they put these two items in the box, they stated they could go off of weight.  I stated that's Great!  I told them I would weigh the items that I recieved which totaled 8.2 lbs  and the Fed Ex Packing Label said 15.2 lbs.  I then thought I had a claim with Fed Ex, who I called and explained my situation.  Fed Ex then stated for Ground shipments, it is an approximate weight they place on the label and it's not as accurate as I think.  I still filed a complaint but they said that complaints are only if the box was tampered with, which it did not appear to be.  I then called US Cutter back who said their is nothing they can do except the $40 credit towards my next purchase.  I went on to ask them how they can be so sure that it wasn't packed, and they stated they checked my particaler order 3 times.  They then said they have cameras everywhere in their warehouse that will stop any warehouse workers from stealing anything.  I then asked if they could check the cameras of when it was packed and just check if 8 items were packed into the box, which they said they would not do that.  He ended his conversation with me with  "there is nothing more I can do, Have a nice day" 

So all and all, I am still out over $70 and the 2 rolls I need for an event tomorrow.   But I have a $40 dollar credit with US Cutter on future purchases.  So if any of you have Colombia and Bubble Gum heat transfer I can borrow until after I file my small claims dispute, it would be much appreciated??  

I would think the shipping weight on the large box could answer the question..   I had 3 vinyl  rolls come in 1 large  box this week.  Total ship weight is on the ship label.    It is also on Fedex...confirmation tracking.    It is not even rounded up.  Mine was 33.4 pounds.

I had a customer try and pull that on me 1 time.  Claimed never got the 2nd set of decals...Both sets were  shipped in 1 box..    One set weighed under 13 oz, and would have been First Class..  2nd set put the weight over 13 oz, so was rounded up to 2 pounds,, priority shipping. Was between 1-2 pounds.   And I said weigh up a set, and you will see it is 10 oz.   I know how much orders weigh. Then maybe you  can explain why the shipment weighed up over 1 pound had to be shipped at 2 pounds, and had to be sent priority, shipping. ......  I never heard another word from that customer.  LOL .  He is also on my block list.

I have a claim with Fed Ex who stated the weight for Ground Shipments is approximate.  I still filed a complaint.  2 rolls of vinyl weighs 2.2 lbs so even if they were in there my weight of the total package would have been only 10.4 lbs.  I even asked US Cutter to weight everything on my packing list to see if it would total 15.2 lbs as what was stated on their label.  I can post my packing list if anyone is willing to challenge my claim.

Well, as I feel for you, since the weight seems to be right, it appears to be "their word against yours" situation.  I find it funny they would mention the have cameras in that area they could verify from but refuse to review the footage.  If it was my company, I would review the footage, find the part that proves that "I" am right and forward that clip on to my customer.  That would 1. get me off the hook with my customer and 2. give the customer something to go on with their battle with fed ex.  At that point, they would not even need to offer the 40 store credit.  That still bothers me.... something still does not match.  

Again, sorry and Good luck.  Hope you get it worked out.

I just put my whole order with the box that came from  Fedex on my scale here, that I got Wednesday.  cause It has not been unpacked, The whole box is going elsewhere.  It was only ounces different from the label.   Nothing in pounds.  And I am not using a professional scale.   Put I do use it for USPS, and never have a problem.

Employee mistake possibly ,intentional shortage very unlikely as well as employee pilferage not likely. I would guess Fed X somehow. Anything is possible I guess .

were there any empty areas in the box?   "cause every box I have ever gotten is filled in with cardboard tubing and brown paper scrunched up to fill any void..  So ,purchased items cannot move around lose. All boxes I have ever gotten are packed very well. ...

• Like 1

I just put my whole order with the box that came from  Fedex on my scale here, that I got Wednesday.  cause It has not been unpacked, The whole box is going elsewhere.  It was only ounces different from the label.   Nothing in pounds.  And I am not using a professional scale.   Put I do use it for USPS, and never have a problem.

Every thing I have shipped by UPS or Fed X has been weighed when I droped it off and I paid by the weight at the time I ship very little so I take it to their facility. So I would doubt a mistake on the weight.

UPDATE.... I just got off the phone with another Support Manager (Tom Lockhart) of US Cutter who stated they are very sorry for how my situation was handled and wanted to know what they can do to salvage the relationship.  He did not agree with how it was handled.  Since it is too late for me to even do anything with the vinyl, even if he overnights the vinyl I need, I asked for a refund for the items I am missing, which he processed immediately.  Our conversation actually has me rethinking my decison of never doing business with US Cutter.  He went above and beyond by refunding all my shipping and a store credit.  Its apparent that the behavior of Curtis and Benjiman is not a reflection of US Cutter as a whole...  Thank you Very much Tom for not lumping us into a category of dishonest customers.

• Like 1

1st, I am glad it was finally handled properly.  

Next, I too spoke with Curtis and Benjiman for the problem that I had to only be treated the same way as you were.  I was also informed by one of them (don't remember which one) that THEY were the manager and the bucks stops with him so there was no one else for me to talk with to try and fix my issue.

Wish I had spoken with Tom, seems like he knows how to handle things.

I have a feeling I am starting to see where part of the problem is.......

Glad you got this resolved with them. I had my mother call in to another company for me 1 day and they way overcharged my card. When I called them they said she indeed ordered all this stuff and they record all their calls so I told them to listen to their recording and call me back before I called the cc company and guess what 15 minutes later I got an apology from them and credited back my money but they lost my trust after that.

UPDATE.... I just got off the phone with another Support Manager (Tom Lockhart) of US Cutter who stated they are very sorry for how my situation was handled and wanted to know what they can do to salvage the relationship.  He did not agree with how it was handled.  Since it is too late for me to even do anything with the vinyl, even if he overnights the vinyl I need, I asked for a refund for the items I am missing, which he processed immediately.  Our conversation actually has me rethinking my decison of never doing business with US Cutter.  He went above and beyond by refunding all my shipping and a store credit.  Its apparent that the behavior of Curtis and Benjiman is not a reflection of US Cutter as a whole...  Thank you Very much Tom for not lumping us into a category of dishonest customers.

Sorta like jumping off the roof of a highrise because the elevator isnt working may want to wait to see if it gets fixed

• Like 1

Sorta like jumping off the roof of a highrise because the elevator isnt working may want to wait to see if it gets fixed

Bullseye !!!