ulises3

Bad Batch of vinyl

Hey fellas so i order some siser easy weed from uscutter thru ebay and i heat press 12 shirts at 305 med pressure for 15 secs  they look to me when  i deliver them to my customer

then after a few days he calls me and told me the shirt vinyl was peeling off so i did 1 more test with easy weed same design same shirts and another with cad cut vinyl that i had laying arround i throw them shirt on the washer and dryer at the same time  and found out that the siser easy weed shirt started to peel off and the other one didnt long story short i call customer service this morning and the person i talk to  told me i just made you a regular customer you now can order material thru our website and you will get 10 dlls credit towards your first purchase thru our website and i was like  WTF i mean i wasnt expecting to get refunded for all 12 shirts and my vinyl but when i was offered 10 dlls store credit i said screww that and i just hang up that was my first and last time doing business with uscutter in fact i found someone who is interested on my uscutter and hopefully they take it such a bad experience so i just left a negative feedback on ebay.

I would have called back and asked for someone else personally. Demand more back. I'm actually thinking of getting rid of my MH series not cause of an issues I just think someone else's might be better.

you may not have used enough heat and or pressure or pressed for enough time.  I press my stuff at 320 deg, first for 10 seconds, remove backing, then again for a full 20 seconds with firm pressure.  No problems here.  That is not to say you didn't have a bad batch, but when I first started I was using 305 deg and experienced the same problem.

I do feel for ya on the customer service part tho.... been there, done that.

contact siser and if they ask inform them you couldn't get support from your supplier . . . .personally I have never had problems with properly applied siser.  usually it turns out that someone is using a cheap multi press that the heat is way off when checked.

I use higher heat than that and bet I use more pressure as well and after easily over 500 yards of siser I have never had a failure on a shirt. I have 29 rolls on the shelf now some over a year old, some came in this week but none of them has ever lifted. If after you press you can't see the texture of the fabric through the siser you need more of either time, pressure or temp.

I had the same issue, I upped the heat and bingo no more issues. I rarely use the manufactured settings because every press is different.

I'm strictly using easy weed now and I think I got it dialed in pretty good.

I have my press at 355 and 20 seconds so I can do siser easyweed and 3G transfers without having to change anything. These setting have worked fine for me on 2 different press setups.

Still I just press another shirt this morning at 350 for 20 secs firm pressure i can see the fabric thru the vinyl it just came out of the washer &dryer as we speak and vinyl lifts up I know for a fact its the vinyl this sucksssss

I can't say never happens I've just never had it happen. 

SISER® NORTH AMERICA
22600 HALL ROAD
STE 200
CLINTON TWP., MI 48036

TOLL FREE: 866.301.9409

Still I just press another shirt this morning at 350 for 20 secs firm pressure i can see the fabric thru the vinyl it just came out of the washer &dryer as we speak and vinyl lifts up I know for a fact its the vinyl this sucksssss

Have you tested the heat on your heat press, to be positive the temp is correct for your heat press? 

Yes i have all the heat is evenly no cold spots here I check everything before I call customer service

Siser recommends waiting 24 hours before laundering

Yes i have all the heat is evenly no cold spots here I check everything before I call customer service

The firts batch of shirts I made were. Washed 7 days after I press them and they still peel off when the cad cut vinyl I user to do another test didnt peel off after the wash

Sorry to hear you are experieincing some difficulties with Siser EasyWeed. Time, temperature & pressure are things to look at when a product does not seem to be working. While a range wil work when applying our materials, 302 degrees Farenheit is the recommended temerature to apply EasyWeed. If you find that you need to increase the temperature on your heat press, it is probably not giving you an accurate reading. Lower temperatures are far better than using high heat. Why? High heat causes scorching(light fabrics turning yellow), migration(bleeding), & if the heat is high enough the adhesive will turn to liquid & penetrate the fabric so there is nothing between the skin(PU) & the fabric. We even recommend lowering the temperature to 280-285F to avoid any of these problems. Although this product can be applied in one step, many prefer to seal it in with a second aplication for a few seconds. This gives it a softer, more textured look.

I will be more than happy to help you. Please call me, Kathleen Servais at 440-665-5576.

Happy Printing!!

• Like 3

Sorry to hear you are experieincing some difficulties with Siser EasyWeed. Time, temperature & pressure are things to look at when a product does not seem to be working. While a range wil work when applying our materials, 302 degrees Farenheit is the recommended temerature to apply EasyWeed. If you find that you need to increase the temperature on your heat press, it is probably not giving you an accurate reading. Lower temperatures are far better than using high heat. Why? High heat causes scorching(light fabrics turning yellow), migration(bleeding), & if the heat is high enough the adhesive will turn to liquid & penetrate the fabric so there is nothing between the skin(PU) & the fabric. We even recommend lowering the temperature to 280-285F to avoid any of these problems. Although this product can be applied in one step, many prefer to seal it in with a second aplication for a few seconds. This gives it a softer, more textured look.

I will be more than happy to help you. Please call me, Kathleen Servais at 440-665-5576.

Happy Printing!!

Damn, can't get any better customer service than that !

Just sayin. 

• Like 1

That is great customer service and 1 of many reasons I stick with siser for all our shirts.

I wonder if I should take what is working for me and change to her suggestions?  Although I run my temp hotter than suggested, I have not had any burning problems and like I said, it is working out great.   Hmmmm...... most of the time I hate not following the rules  :P

I wonder if I should take what is working for me and change to her suggestions?  Although I run my temp hotter than suggested, I have not had any burning problems and like I said, it is working out great.   Hmmmm...... most of the time I hate not following the rules  :P

Im in same boat. My method has worked great so fat and shirts are still great after multiple washings and wearing. Not sure if I should fix what isnt broken here lol.

If it ain't broke fix it till it is. This is why I don't like software updates, if it works now why should I screw with it until it messes up.

• Like 1

if it works don't mess with it - it could also be a calibration issue - I had to calibrate my hotronix a while back so the temp and the display were the same.  love the techs at hotronix they are incredible when you need help