tammy h

Update to 3.053 problems?

I updated to the 3.053 because I thought some of my problems were the 3.052. Well- my problems are getting worse. I had to have a complete reinstall of windows on my pc and everything else is working fine but when I'm attempting to change font by highlighting the letters and scrolling thru fonts-  it's freezing on me. The screen goes black and I'm just stuck. I have had a few times now where if I close the file it says it's corrupt. When I attempt to open a SCALP file, it says it's not a valid file - I have to go in and open up scalp and then open the file. I didn't have to do this before.

How do I go back to the 3.051 version?

Anyone else having similar issues?

I just got my new sc cutter which comes with SCALP and i loaded it on my windows 7 laptop and it works good but i dont use it use Signblazer..

I was able to just install over my current version back to 3.051. When I had trouble with 3.052. You could try the same thing. I wasn't having the same problems, but it solved my issue. When 3.053 was released I updated to it & skipped 3.052. So far so good for me. If you don't have a copy of 3.051, I'm pretty sure I could manage getting you a copy if you don't have one. I usually keep a copy of every version released. I don't think I had to re-register after flip flopping between versions. I use Signblazer for most of my design work also, but it has it's moments too..... :)

I think I figured out some of my problem last night. I had a font that I must have "lost" during the windows freeze and I tried to change it. Since it didn't recongnize it - that must have messed something up. I'm going to give 3.053 another try and I might ask you for that 3.051 if I can't get it fixed- thank you for the offer !

I had really bad issues with the 3.052 and that's why I upped to the 3.053 last weekend. That's when my PC completely froze and I had to have windows re-installed. Thankfully the person who fixed my pc was able to save almost all or all of my files to a memory stick so now I'm reinstalling.

I had signblazer to and still have a copy but haven't used it much since I got SCALP. I thought about going back to it for some projects to see how I like it. I liked the tracing in SCALP. But, I've also become more proficient in the use of INKSCAPE , so I could use signblazer to cut some of those files. We're pretty new at this and I have a full time career- so not as much time to spend on it as I'd like :).

Thanks again-
Tammy

Works for me.... Glad to hear you got your system back up. SCALP is much better at cutting projects than Signblazer. I think most people here will agree with me on that. Give it a try sometime. Pick something witha little detail & cut it from both programs. You will see a difference. SCALP just cuts cleaner lines than Signblazer. SCALP has come a long way in improvements & the options available come in very handy. The rhinestone tool is very cool too. Sounds like you're headed in the right direction. You can't have too many tools in the workshop. If you ever need any tips or help doing something this forum is the best place to go. Everyone here has been happy to help us newbies learn how to make just about anything. So ask all the questions you like... Someone is bound to have the answer here. :)

3.053 would not let me cut to my SC today it would cut partial then go all wonky. dumbed it back to 3.051 and no issues... I guess I will stick with 3.051 for now

I still have 3.048 on the back computer that I cut with and it works fine so why upgrade.

I made the mistake of upgrading to the 3.052 which was really bad. I then upped to 3.053 to see if they worked out some of the bugs from 3.052. Then my computer crashed so I'm stuck with 3.053 I think. I've got some big files to cut tomorrow so I guess I'll see how bad it does. I might have to ask for a copy of the older version.

I fixed it I think! I couldn't do a system restore point because everything was so damaged. But- the person that fixed my pc saved all my files to a memory stick. The memory stick contained my downloads in my user files and all of the versions I had downloaded were there. I just re-downloaded the 3.048. I must not have downloaded the 3.051 but the .048 worked good if I remember right.

And I see Jaybird is using 3.048 and getting along fine. I don't remember what the changes were to 3.051 but hopefully this will eliminate my issues.

Every time my cut station is hoked to the internet it tries to get me to update scalp but I'm of the opinion if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I"m on version 3.051 and when I click on "check for upgrades" SCALP tells me there is no upgrades available.

So far 3.051 is cutting well so I will stick with it.

-Scott