Sign in to follow this  
arty-rc

FC5100-75 Problem

I have a friend who has a Graphtec FC5100-75 cutter and he asked me to check on this forum for a problem he is having with it. When he loads the vinyl the cutting carriage moves to the right (looking at the cutter) then moves to the right pressure roller, stops for a moment and proceeds to the left pressure roller. So far, normal operation. After that, it goes all the way to the right side, slamming into the side of the cutter, and not moving from there. He called a Graphtec Service tech and was told because the machine was 9 years old, no parts were available for it. Does anyone have any thoughts what the problem might be? Thanks.

LOL  sell that cutter to xpaperman,  he needs the pin head block out of it...for the bad FC5100 he just bought. He needs  parts.

ON another note.  Has he tried putting the cutter back to factory default settings, by  turning on the cutter WHILE holding down the UP arrow.??

• Like 1

sounds like a pressure roller sensor - how about turning off the auto width feature - skeeter has wrote about it several times

I have my advanced settings turned off.    Pinch rollers and media sensors.  They are in background settings. 

• Like 1

No, no you don't. J/K would love to see you get that thing up and running.

actually Jay, even if I do get it fixed, I think I am going to part with it.  I just wanted to fix it first since the part appears to be hard to find.  That would also bring an extra buck or two.  It is just to big for me and I am currently working on a deal the comes with a roland 300i

I don't need any more toys but a broken cutter just seemed like it needed a home, however a working cutter could generate you some profit locally or on ebay.

The biggest issue to me is having to break it down and try and box that baby up.  That is why I am dragging my feet.  I am in such a small town I probably won't have any luck locally so will have to consider shipping anyway.

Wonder what it would cost to stick on a pallet and send freight? Just take it off the stand and knock down the stand.

uship.com    There are a lot of people going back and forth to Texas dropping off 5th wheel trailers, and need to pay for gas money back.    My brother has done uship.com for years. He delivers 5th wheel trailers all over the US.     This helps pay gas money back.

It is comical to see some of those drivers,  Looks like the Beverly Hillbillies,   delivering cats.dogs, chickens, rooms of furniture, motorcycles. boats you name it.  It all pays the bills.   They bid your load.

They have feedback also. 

Best I can tell if you palletize it you're looking at around 275 lbs.

Update- My friend did the Factory Default Reset and it seems to have done the trick. He even told me that it sounds different like it's not straining to work now. He told me to thank everyone for their help.

Sorry xpaperman no pen block this time but if I see 1 available I'll let you know.

Thanks Jay, and for the rest of you, stop helping people with Graptec fc 5100 series problems please.... thanks in advance.   :lol:

Of course I kid..... that is the best part of the forum to me.... so much help just from fellow members!

OP, very happy to hear the problem got fixed!  (sort of)  :ph34r:

Clearing a spot in the store just in case.

• Like 1

They come up from time to time. Maybe a damaged in shipping one will come up

They come up from time to time. Maybe a damaged in shipping one will come up