Sign in to follow this  
Stuck On Gaming

Cutter cuts wrong on half of work space

New to cutting. I looked on here for an answer and couldn't find it. I'm using a uscutter MH 14inch. The problem I'm having is when I send a project to the cutter it cuts perfect on the right side of the vinyl but on the left it starts overlapping cuts. If I were to cut for example "ABCDEFG" horizontally from end to end on the vinyl the letters "ABC" would be cut on top of each other and the "DEFG" would be perfect. Is it SCAL Pro or is it my cutter. I try cutting in origin mode and WYSIWYG and still the same result.

What happens when you try the same series of letters using SIgnBlazer?

If the use of another cutting software eliminates the issue, then you know it's the program SCALPro that's at fault.

If not, and the problem persists, then you can check for some sort of glitch in the hardware.

Called uscutter tried to trouble shoot and also tried using Sign Blazer and still getting the same result. Uscutter thinks it's the motherboard on the cutter. Going to try using my desktop (Windows Vista) instead of my laptop (Windows 7). If anyone else has a suggestion I'll give it a try.

Figured out what the problem was. I was setting up my workspace on my computer to 12 inches because that's the size vinyl I was using. The machine is only capable of working in a 10 inch wide area. Every time it would go to the left it would reset the boundaries and cut/plot lines on top of each other.