Sign in to follow this  
SignAmigo

Graphtec CE 2000 with Windows 7

I aquired a used Graphtec CE 2000 which at the time seemed like a good deal, but now I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to use it

I'm using a newer windows 7 64 bit computer with no parrallel port. I've installed the Graphtec Driver for Windows 7 64, but I'm not able to get the computer to recognize the device.

Honestly, I'm not even sure what port I need to use, LPT port or USB?

Should I install a parallel port card? Or has anyone had success with this setup?

You would be better off using an older PC.   You can still pick up great deals on XP computers on the big auction site.  XP is more stable.  I only use XP.  And can even find with serial.

The last Toshiba laptop I picked up a couple months ago, was $70 Free ship,   works great. I run Graphtec also, USB , never a problem.

What  Mz Skeeter said.

Windows 7 doesn`t play well with older machines and software.

mark-s

install a parrallel card from newegg - I use one for my old hp lazerjet and works great - also used it to test a roland engraver and worked great with win 7.  Not sure on your particular machine though.  on the other hand I always use a dedicated xp machine for my cutter - not connected to the internet.  no viruses that way