Hoppy

Whats the best way to intersect text

I am working on a school project and cant get the text to do what I want and look right. I am trying to intersect TEACHING & LEARNING on the A with learning written vertical downward.

How do I do this?

Thanks

Create "Teaching"

Type "L" then Enter then type "E"

Set the justification to Centered

Type "R" then Enter, Then type "N" enter ...

Move ethe "LE" and the "RNING" over and under the "A" in Teaching

You can use Node Edit to adjust the line spacing of the parts of Learning"

It would seem to me that you only have to type in LEARNING using the return key --

If the spacing is too much, then adjust the leading (space between each line)

L

E

A

R

N

I

N

G

Thanks, I have done the LEARNING with the enter key, I have been having trouble getting the spacing even. I will just have to play with it more. I was hoping there was a tool that would align it for me that I didn't know about. I am not very versed with node edit.

Thanks.

I guess, another option would be, to post the file of what you have, maybe someone would be kind enough to tweak it for you.  I can't swear they will, but if your making the attempt but can't get it quite right..... I bet someone would be willing to lend a hand.

Thanks for the advice. I will figure it out. Was just hoping there was a short cut. :-\

Depending on the software, some give you the option to adjust the spacing between lines.

Inkscape offers this. Just enter your text spelling out learning with a return between each line, center it, then adjust the Spacing Between Lines till you're happy. Then you can either try and line up the A's on top of each other, or leave the A out of one of the words.

THANK YOU, that worked great. I have never played with node edit like that. I always have tried to do it with the million little dots and have not been able to get any desirable results that way.

This worked perfect.

Thanks again,

Node Edit on text adjusts the line spacing and kerning.

I just learned that in Corel after 4 years. I know, I'm slow.

You can also use "Edit Text" (Edit menu) which allows leading and kerning.

Here's a video of how I would do it:

http://screencast.com/t/80BM6Ygib0Y

Jay

I watched the tutorial, and I really would have preferred to see you type the entire word "LEARNING" vertically and then adjust the leading of that entire word as a single unit.

Then, just add the horizontal TE  CHER and place the two together.

The reason for that has to do with the lack of a precision numerical value of leading when using the Edit Text (or Node Edit) function, and you must work with the leading adjustment thingy by eye.

In your tutorial, the LE and the RNING were leaded differently.

If you had typed in the entire word, the letters of LEARNING all would have been properly spaced.

(leading is the technical term for spacing between lines of text)

I watched the tutorial, and I really would have preferred to see you type the entire word "LEARNING" vertically and then adjust the leading of that entire word as a single unit.

Then, just add the horizontal TE  CHER and place the two together.

The reason for that has to do with the lack of a precision numerical value of leading when using the Edit Text (or Node Edit) function, and you must work with the leading adjustment thingy by eye.

In your tutorial, the LE and the RNING were leaded differently.

If you had typed in the entire word, the letters of LEARNING all would have been properly spaced.

(leading is the technical term for spacing between lines of text)

That's why I said this is how "I" would do it. To quote another member on here: "but generally I can adjust things pretty well just by mousing them into position. As I've noted many times, this ain't rocket science."

Well either way, it is easy to take the theory I just learned and apply it to my work to get the end result I want. I would always rather learn to do something than have it done.. My school project should be leaps and bounds above the rest with vinyl capabilities and all the help on here.

Scholarship here I come  ;D  ;D , They are given out in Sept. by the recommendation of the professors. Fingers crossed at 10K a semester.

Thanks again everyone. I am sure I will need your help again sometime.

• Like 1