joker

SC Cutter

So my new SC cutter arrived today so being like a kid on Christmas morning i had to open right away and start setting up.. Read through the manual and how to setup blade depth.. The first 2 cuts did not go well but the 3rd cut was a success.. The only draw back is that it is a little loud.. Worked great with usb connection and signblazer.. I am pleased with the shiiping of USCutter.. Hope I will have hours and hours of cutting on this new machine

• Like 1

that's the one i have. 25" . I do love it. Don't use it enough tho. But considering i came from using a Cricut to this - how can i NOT be happy.

Joker if you loosen the roll of vinyl so it is not completely tight it will dull done some of the cutter noise. It also seems to track better if you unroll it also.

I unroll even with my graphtec, it says to do that in the directions for my graphtec. Can't speak for noise but it definitely tracks better.

I got that same SC about a month ago.  You got a manual with yours?

I am very happy with it so far, learning stuff every day.

Cal

congrats on the new cutter - even with the graphtec and roland I unroll it first

Thanks Dakota.. I usually unroll it also. It is a tad loud but not horrible. So here is a picture of my first cut with it..

post-35399-0-32614300-1374113202_thumb.j

it IS a very loud machine IMHO..... if you are using USB you WILL need a keyspan adapter if you don't already have one go ahead and order it now.  

I like the SC Its doesnt seem that loud to me.  I dont have a kespan, I use a USB, to a laptop running vista.

No problems as of yet.

I am using the usb connection with a HP laptop and Windows 7 and running signblazer and it worked great.. I will take a look at that paperman

Not all need the adapter but it is cheap insurance vs. cost of wasted vinyl. You were spoiled for noise level with the Graphtec. No more quick naps while you're waiting for it to finish cutting.  :lol:

New to this and so overwhlemed with software.  Please let me know the best way to learn software.  I have so much to learn and the rep advises me to play around with program.  Feel like I'm wasting vinyl and the million dollar question is how to apply vinyl straight?  thanks so much!

For me, just playing around and asking questions is the only way I've ever "learned" software. Just start out with simple things and work your way up.

Is there really an actual possibility of a Zombie Outbreak?

If so, I might want to reconsider my entire business model.

With all the new viruses popping up and the threat of terrorist biological attack you may want to consider it, not from a rising from the dead point of view but more like the nut job in Florida eating someones face off.

Look around, it's already here. Mindless people walking/driving/eating with their face in their phone, might as well be a zombie.

• Like 4

Jaybird you are right.. i will have to put some padding on the walls so my wife can nap..  Its loud but i can still here my self talk.. 

Cajungal, why waste all that vinyl...  I am jusst using the pen and wasting a lot of paper drawing stuff!  I have cut out a few pieces, but I sure go through a lot of ink!

Cal

important question is can you still hear your wife talk?  I know if it was my wife I could still hear her snore over any cutter made

Dakota i have selective hearing with her... Im the one that snores..She has a craft business and it is in the same room

Scott..I assume your wife never gets on the forums?

• Like 1

Okay EL and paperman.. Need some help here.. My cutter cut fine last night. But tonight when i cut and image and try to weed it the image is coming up with the excess vinyl.. I have increased pressure and speed as well as decreased both.. Not sure what i am missing.. I set the blade up to the instructions per the manual.. Thanks Guys