Sign in to follow this  
CAPS

My introduction

Hello all, I just purchased my first Cutter SC 34 inch with sure cuts a lot software. I do Painted Pinstriping and lettering. I have done alot of vinyl Boat Lettering jobs, but used a another shop to do the design work and the cutting, so i have plenty of ideas of what i want to do, for example I would like do lettering with a drop shade with a void. I cannot find a easy way to do this in Sure Cuts Alot all i can do is a solid shadow, does anyone know how to do this? Thanks See attachment
post-60155-0-09870600-1374085902_thumb.j   

welcome from Indiana.    and you might want to download inkscape.org  Or Signblazer Elements.     Both are Free software.   They have more design features.

Signblazer can be found in the Signblazer thread,.

if you want shading for printing and not cutting you will want a raster program

Thanks , I do want shading for cutting not for printing

Ahoy there!!!

What you want to achieve is called "offset" and can be done simply and quickly within the SignBlazer program.

First you define the offset amount (the white area between the letters and the shadow) --  you're terming this the "void"

This is found within the MANIPULATE menu (Expand Outline/Inline)

Then, add the drop shadow (also in the MANIPULATE menu -- Shadow).

It's really easy, go ahead and download & install SignBlazer and mess with it, you'll see how it works.

:thumbsup: 

Thanks for the welcome form all of you. Thanks slice & dice I will DL Signblazer and give it a try

Slice&Dice I need your help i cannot figure it out i must be missing a step can you be more specific. Thanks