Coaster36

QR code in vinyl

I think my graphtec can handle the cut.

Im having a problem finding a code generator that outputs a vector code that isnt a bunch of squares next to each other. That would be fine if I was printing it but I dont want my cutter to cut each square.

A few months ago someone posted a challenge to cut a tiny qr code. I dont remember who that was or I would just ask what they used.

Anyone have any tips?

Use "weld" and it will handle the entire graphic just fine.

I do it all the time with my SC, even down to 4"

post-21408-0-25755800-1374081325_thumb.j

I tried weld. I tried all the tricks in my book. The boxes arent touching when I zoom way in with inkscape so they cant weld. What generator are you using slice? Maybe they make the boxes touch. The ones I found online dont touch.

Ill PM 300 thanks skeeter.

surprisingly I have printed a lot of them this year - even in different colors!

Ill have dakota make some window perf for me soon. I think I can handle the cut, I just need a good generator. 

• Like 1

I think my graphtec can handle the cut.

Im having a problem finding a code generator that outputs a vector code that isnt a bunch of squares next to each other. That would be fine if I was printing it but I dont want my cutter to cut each square.

A few months ago someone posted a challenge to cut a tiny qr code. I dont remember who that was or I would just ask what they used.

Anyone have any tips?

Andrew, I started that thread back in March

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/39889-anybody-up-for-a-challenge/

I used http://qrcode.kaywa.com/ to create the codes, I just use Flexi to vectorise the code from  the jpg. file saved from kaywa.

The file is large enough to vectorize without any node editing.  I can cut codes as small as 2" x 2" square.  I didn't need to weld anything. The trick is to keep the code on the screen to use while weeding.

Your Graphtec will handle it with no problem.

Thats the thread I was looking for. Thanks Doug. I was trying to not vectorize it but I guess with so much contrast it should be easy to convert. 

Im looking at about 8x8 so I shouldnt have any problems. Ill make one today.

I used this site about a year ago.  Since then it looks like you have to sign up.  Anyway the attached file is one I made.  It worked fine.

http://qrcode.kaywa.com/

I hadn't been on this site since I did that post and it was free, you.re correct  you have to register now.  I hate how everything is getting linked to a facebook account.

Thats the thread I was looking for. Thanks Doug. I was trying to not vectorize it but I guess with so much contrast it should be easy to convert. 

Im looking at about 8x8 so I shouldnt have any problems. Ill make one today.

I tried going to another site and creating a QR code but it didn't vectorize well at all.  http://qrcode.kaywa.com/ worked the best for what I used it for.  I'll have to try to find a new site to go to now. 

The site I linked above is still free...

Thanks OW Jones,  I just gave it a try and it works perfect.  It's now in my favorites.  I just slid the size up to 995 x995 download, vector and cut.  I cut a 2" X 2" code and had it weeded in about 3 minutes.  No welding needed.

How did you get a vector from jones link? When I download the file its a png file. All the ones I downloaded as vectors from other sites ended up being tons of little boxes.

So far just copying the link and vectorizing it works perfect. I just cut one 6x6, its going on a car. It was actually very easy to weed.

I had to vectorize it in Flexi.

Yeah thats what I figured. I like your link because you can track the scans. That would be great for my customer. I will share the link with him so he can create an account. 

Thanks for everyones help.

I finally scanned one of those things for the first time the other day. It was amazing, my head exploded and skittles rained from the skies.

Just kidding, it took several attempts to scan and sent me to the manufacturers website . . . 

• Like 2

I finally scanned one of those things for the first time the other day. It was amazing, my head exploded and skittles rained from the skies.

Just kidding, it took several attempts to scan and sent me to the manufacturers website . . . 

Ted what code reader and phone are you using

I've got the Iphone and I'm using I-nigma code reader.  This particular code reader was developed for Toyota and it works great.  I've never had a problem with it reading a code.

I use Google Goggles on my Android phone and I don't even have to click the "capture" button - if it sees enough of a QR Code it auto-recognizes it and decodes it.

I use Google Goggles on my Android phone and I don't even have to click the "capture" button - if it sees enough of a QR Code it auto-recognizes it and decodes it.

I-nigma is the same way just point the phone at the qr code, it reads it and heads off to the website so fast it's there before you know it.

QR code (abbreviated from Quick Response Code) is the trademark for a type of matrix barcode (or two-dimensional barcode) first designed for the automotive industry in Japan; a barcode is an optically machine-readable label that is attached to an item and that records information related to that item: The information encoded by a QR code may be made up of four standardized types ("modes") of data (numeric, alphanumeric, byte / binary, Kanji) or, through supported extensions, virtually any type of data.

Best regards,

Arron

yep. and i also found the qr code http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qr_codehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qr_code