Ok im new to the "selling" of my decals its pretty much been hey check this out. But I recently put an add out and a guy got ahold of me wanting 500 3 inch by 6 inch logos for his dealer ship. He says he deals with a site online but thought he'd be happier dealing locally. So can someone please put me in the ball park of what the price should be.

Well a general rule of thumb is to add the inches and dived by 2.  so 6+3=9 divide by 2 is $4.50ea.  Being as there is 500 you might want to consider a discount.  Don't forget to take into consideration how hard the weeding will or won't be and is it single color or not.  

BUT.... in this situation, since you mentioned he would like to stay local, I would just flat out ask him how much he was paying.  Simply explaining that you "want to be competitive" and want to help him achieve the best price possible.  You might even be able to get by with pricing a smiggen higher than the others as there would be no shipping cost and no wait time on the shipping either.  For example, you cold do the order in a run of 100 to get some product to them then get the other 400 on a non rush basis.

anytime you can get your competitions price.... always a benifit!   :ph34r:

Good Luck, I hope it works out for you and I hope you are also able to make a little money!

I wouldn't be surprised if the online source they have used is dirt cheap. I have looked up pricing on some of the big sites and had sticker shock (pun intended). I have said before because it's true "there is always a reason a customer is looking for a new vinyl guy. Either they want a cheaper price, better product or better service." Keep in mind that if they tell you that your price is higher then the last guy this means they need a reminder of why they went looking for a new supplier. 

I bet they're paying under a buck each now. They come in all the time wanting me to beat online pricing on decals and temporary tags and I tell them I won't even waste their time because I can't work for free. I do get shirt order from them and small run stuff where they don't get a huge break online but on bulk type stuff there's no way to even come close.

• Like 1

concentrate on the local one off or need it now market - too many people will work for nothing and everyone has a cutter now days.  you have to stand on your good work and quick service.  everyone may have a cutter or printer but not everyone does good work 

• Like 1

2 things you will find - there are people working for nothing and the buyers will quite often quote the price they hope you will agree to even if they really can't get that price.  or is he quoting a printed price as opposed to a cut vinyl price

• Like 1