Sign in to follow this  
fragged8

vintage look

hiya

I am very much an amature, and am wondering if there is a way to make a freshly printed T shirt look

vintage ?

I know you can do it with the artwork if you print direct to T's but I use vinyl and heat press it on..

Regards

Rich

I know there are some fonts.... One is called Gesso and the other is called Destroy.  Those are the two I have.  I believe I got them from dafont.com.  There may be others but I know of these two.

hiya

thanks for the replies and the link, interesting but not quite what I am looking for .

I am thinking of something more like the attachment, could i use sand paper on the vinyl

before pressing ?

Rich

post-3735-0-20420700-1373748812_thumb.jp

Use Stahl's Cad-Cut Super film and start with the directions for the CCH20 process. You can create Original Wash or a  Extreme wash look...just like in your design. Instead of 400 degrees, I reduced the temp and increaded the time to prevent the shirt from scorching. You have to do some testing to get the right look. Make sure to purchase the film that is recommended for the CCH2O process. I have had the best luck with black and red.

Use Stahl's Cad-Cut Super film and start with the directions for the CCH20 process. You can create Original Wash or a  Extreme wash look...just like in your design. Instead of 400 degrees, I reduced the temp and increaded the time to prevent the shirt from scorching. You have to do some testing to get the right look. Make sure to purchase the film that is recommended for the CCH2O process. I have had the best luck with black and red.

LOL - for years that would  be considered a failed press, now they have a way to market for the same look.  trends come and go - 

In graphic design we use masks, you can make them or google it. Once your design is finished you place the mask over the design. I don't know what design program you use, but they all should have the opinion to create a mask, or you can punch the mask through the design to make it permanent.

Save your design, then transfer to cutting software. Now the issues may arise if your cutter can't cut fine detail.

If you need help with a specific design pm me I'll see what I can do for you.

The design you posted was made with a mask.

Eh vector masks (like grunges, paint cracks ect) that are great for graphic design would be painstakingly HORRIBLE for vinyl heat transfer. Would take like 5 hours to weed lol that being said if you do something a little on the less crazy end of that it might work