Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Update on mom and our luck

First the update moms receiving packets of blood all day, she was suppose to have a heart exploration today but her main doctor doesn't see it on the charts she knew about it yesterday and said she should have just died. she is also on 3 different type of antibiotics I was corrected by the nurse yesterday. She was originally in Isolation which was taking off finally yesterday. Which my father and I both hated cause of the gowns and gloves you had to wear. But we wore them anyway just to be with mom. They want to make sure the infection is completely gone and mom is strong enough to go for surgery. The downfall is she also learned it will be a 2 part surgery. One to remove her numerous small hernias, and then to fix and close the stomach.

Now onto our luck which isn't really good. We had some errands to do, first thing gas so I got out and put gas in the suburban came back out dad started it up and the battery light comes on and stays on the charging gauge shows its not charging then the lights went out and the needle showed it was charging. Went to go get mom her things she wanted at Walmart came out started the vehicle no problem, the next 2 stops no issues. We spend 3 hrs in the hospital came out to the truck a minor issue with the battery but it fixed itself. Decided to go to walgreens to grab some soda mountain dew products 2 for $3 not a bad deal and they had White out (I love that stuff) got into the truck no issue. So anyway we pull up to the house turn off the truck and we decide lets see what happens. Battery light turns on and stays on cant get the needle to move. Great we got one vehicle and we need a new alternator most likely. I haven't gotten to look at it as it was dark when we got home.

Wow....lots stuff going on with you. Good Luck on everyting!

At least someone was looking out for you and got the Subourbon through the day for you allowing you to see your mom, run some errands, pick items up for her and got you home safely without stranding you somewhere and requiring a tow..... 

Prayers sent your way!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, I really hope things work out well. Had the alternator on my 99 suburban go out about a year ago. it started getting a little noisy and I planned on replacing it two days later on the weekend but it didn't make it. Stopped charging while my wife was driving and the truck died after about five minutes later. Went and changed the alternator on the side of a busy road in my old company vehicle. 

Also the main Doctor sounds crappy.

Actually the main doctors great its all the other guys she can't stand, they never tell her anything till its time of something. Now the past doctor sucked from the past operations.

I thank everyone for their prayers and good wishe. Your right xpaper thank god it did hold out.

• Like 1

Ted I probably wasn't clear no worries life is to short for that.

unfortunately she is going for the heart exploratory / clean out before we could get there today then Monday we're suppose to meet with the surgeon and talk about her first operation which will be done at the medical college by "the top doctor" and then go from there.

Prayer is an amazing Surgeon...  Prayers for your Mom's recovery

Another update doctor said she would be in for another month and a half she is so excited (insert sarcastic smile).

Thanks smoke and Dakota.

Sorry to hear about your struggles, prayers for your mom.

My Father had triple bypass years ago and come out great.... Hoping the same for your family.  I know it can be a tough time.  Prayers sent!

Grandpas side of the family has had them like tonsilectomies, quads most of them and turned out great.  one brother, his wife and 3 kids all did triples and quads - hope they got the family discount

Thanks everyone, found out when we got there its double bypass, and she has a blood clot at the tip of her heart. I tell ya its trying but you all are helping me through it.