Wildgoose

Big Squeegee Cut Vinyl Tool

I finally decided to spend the bling on a 26" Cut Vinyl Tool. I have debated over it for a year and been getting by just fine but I have 3 large format orders that are in the design stage and was able to bid in the $100 and try it out. I was skeptical to be honest. It looks like a couple pieces of pvc pipe someone glued together in their basement. After using it, I think it IS a couple pieces of pvc, one flat the other a portion of some round sewer pipe but it worked surprisingly well and I was able to churn out several nicely covered pieces last night with almost no learning curve. You do need to practice getting it set up straight but the videos on youtube do a fair job of showing how to do that. I think the guy in the vid is a little careless, or he seems to be. I worry about screwing up and wasting vinyl.

I was happy to be able to better utilize the cheaper app tape from USC that I have had problems with in the past. The USC app tape has nasty edges and won't lay down smooth for me in normal circumstances but using the BS Tool it puts a nice even tension on it and it went on like a dream. I haven't done any 24" app tape yet but I am not too worried after trying it out on some 12" and 15" tape and the 24" is some good R-tape.

I tried to "Make" one about a year ago and just couldn't get the felt edge just right. It worked o.k. but after about 6 months, I ordered the "Big squeegee" and love it. It has made several projects much easier.