Sign in to follow this  
TomasB

laser point 1..........RIP

Hi Guys n Gals

Its been awhile. Just want to update everybody. My laserpoint 1 broke down during a customer order yesterday. Not sure how it happened but the accuracy was slowly declining the more I used it. Upon further inspection I noticed two things a) cracked pinch roller arm B) carriage cracked. I contacted UsCutter support and they told me they don't have any replacement carriage in stock and not sure if they could source one. Wow just purchased this unit 3 years ago and already no parts. I was extremely disappointed. Uscutter has been eazy to deal with in past but I don't think and feel they would've come thru for me in the period of time I had to work with. So I finally bit the bullet and purchased a Graphtec CE6000 60. Unfortunately not from UScutter. I chose to purchase local since I'm from Canada. Having this issue I have lost a little confidence in parts support from UScutter but don't have anything else bad to say. I will if I can continue to send any business there way if time permits.

Tomas

you will find it is hard to get a mb for a 8 month old laptop - a 3 yr old cutter isn't a big surprise that parts are scarce. about the longest running one is the copam I think has been basically unchanged for 10 years - but even that will come to an end some day.  if you really want parts try contacting the manufacturer direct in china and see if parts are available.
  on another note you will love the graphtec - great cutters - and cut accurately right out of the box without all the tweaking!

That carriage broke on a lot of the LP1 models so I would think there would be replacements available somewhere besides uscutter. I replaced mine sometime last year for the same reason.

I won't give up on fixing it. I will keep it as a backup. It has been good to me.

Hi Skeeter

Yes that's the first part. The second is a replacement carriage which I found cracked as well.

If you find the carriage it has been redesigned and has a lot less plastic and way more metal in it.

Sorry but I haven't seen them offered in a while anywhere. Someone on here is selling a LP1 and if you intend to keep yours it may be worth buying that 1 at least for parts in nothing else.

Have you thought about trying to repair your carriage? If it is cracked you may be able to use a two part epoxy to repair it.

jb weld fixes almost anything duct tape can't! I have fixed things from exhaust manifold crack on a 65 mustang to making new tabs and shaping parts on digital camera battery doors - it is amazing stuff when properly used

I fixed my carriage while waiting for the replacement with super glue and it was still holding when I changed it out.

Update.....

UScutter has lived up to their customer service excellence again! They have found a replacement carriage and its in the mail along with a new pinch roller which they already had stock on. Bravo guys/gals job again well done.

Hey guys/gals

Just an update. Received my Graphtec CE 6000 60 and love it. I also today received my replacement carriage and pinch roller with no instructions on how to replace. The pinch roller is simple but really stuck on the carriage head replacement. Can anybody please point me in the right direction on maybe a tutorial or some type of instruction on how to get "ER DONE"

Thanks.

I wish I could remember step by step but I did ir w/o a manual and since I sold it a couple months ago I can't look at it to refresh my memory. Seems like I had to pull a side cover to unhook the belt so I could get the carriage off the track buts that's all I can remember right now.

Ok that's a start. By chance do you remember if it was right or left side?.

I think left side, opposite control panel. When the belt is loosened it should give you enough room to release the carriage from the track. On the backside of the carriage you will see how the belt is attached to the carriage, undo that and all that left is the wiring. If you have the capability take pictures as you tear down and reassemble and post them up so the next time somebody has this problem they have some guidance. I would have done it myself but at the time I didn't have the ability to take decent pictures to upload.