I have a PCUT730 and when I plug in the usb nothing happens. I tried restarting. I tried 3 different cable. I tried reinstalling the driver. And finally connecting it to a different computer. It has worked fine for over a year. I'm not sure what the problem is. Can anyone help??? This is a serious issue for my business. I definitely can't afford a new cutter right now.

Desktop computer? if so you can get a PCI serial card for it, very inexpensive and easy to install.

reinstall the ftdi driver - you will need to install that on the other test computer also or nothing will happen

Yeah it's only usb. Like the kind a printer has. I'm sorry but I don't have much knowledge regarding these things. What is the FTDI driver? Just to be clear it's the port on the cutter itself that I think might be broken. I currently use a laptop but I have a desktop that I could use. Would the PCI serial card still work? Has anyone had to replace they're usb port. I want to take the side off to check it out. It's really loose in there. Does anyone have any tips on accessing it? I don't want to mess anything up.

Only a USB port?  Sounds strange.

they made a usb only  model for awhile. My brother has one.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/202/25/01-mac--windows-driver-uscutter-mh-mk1-sc-pcut-laserpoint-and-copam

these cutters have an inexpensive  chipset that actually coverts the serial to usb - even the ones without the serial - it was cheaper than designing a true usb version

call usc for support as this is time critical for your business - maybe mb but they can better determine.

From what I have seen it seems like the USB ports on the cheaper machines can go bad. X2 on calling US Cutter and seeing if they can trouble shoot with you to make sure that is the problem. Good Luck

I talked to a guy at US Cutter. He had me open the device manager and then unplug and plug back in the cutter to see if ti showed up and nothing happened so I'm guessing it's a bad usb port. I took the side off and there's a usb cable plugged into the port. So I'm hoping I can just get an adapter to extend that cable.

My laser Point's USB port stopped working a long time ago. Finally got around to ordering a replacement port that I thought would fix the issue but it ended up being the main circuit board. What did US Cutter recommend doing?