Sign in to follow this  
larrylush

Printing company Logo

Hi my Company just purchased an Epson Stylus Pro 9890 AND WE WANT TO PRINT OUR LOGO AND WE WANT TO DO STICKERS BUT USE VINYL THAT CAN BE REMOVED. Can anyone suggest a vinyl paper to use that is for outdoors and has some UV protection. Sorry about the caps I am not yelling.

Thanks

All vinyl can be removed. Are you looking for something reusable or just removeable? Not familiar w/ you printer but I would try something like oracal 631. Although it is promoted as wall art vinyl it is outdoor rated for short term and relatively easy to remove.

For aqueous inkjet printers, you are severely limited in options. Try this http://www.texascraft.com/hps/product.php?productid=17771&cat=249&page=1

You'll need to add some form of UV protection, either stick on laminate or a spray, both of which are available from the same site.

Your best bet is to sub out this type of work to someone with the right kind of equipment as you'll end up with a much better final product, but if you insist on doing it in house with the equipment you have, then you don't have a lot of choices.

I have used the non-removable version of this vinyl with Oracal Oraguard laminate over it to make tiny (.25" square) labels for my work keys and they are holding up well after 3 months of being carried in my pocket - no UV exposure, though... I used pigment ink, dye inks won't last as long in the sun.

• Like 1

exactly Jones, aqueous ink will need lam and special vinyl as it won't work on regular vinyl. sihl might offer some removable but not sure

Another option is ImageStix; which is referred to as paper, but is actually a rubber resin based product. I have printed several full color pigmented ink stickers for an acquaintance's vehicle with no UV protection added and surprisingly after 10 months on a rear bumper, there is minimal fade.

interesting product edge , never heard of that one.   I am getting geared up for next falls governor election, the ones I didn 3 years ago "Snuck Fyder" are still all over here and look great but think I will get some new current issue ones made and start early.

Here is a close up of one of the labels on my key ring - note that these are file cabinet drawer keys, so the "big" part of the key is smaller on these than on a door or automobile key...

This is what they look like after being in my pocket for several days without cleaning (the keys, I mean... I was cleaned....)

I didn't have the blade pressure set quite right so I almost had to rip the printed part away from the rest of the laminate, which is why there are rough edges all the way around.  I printed and contour cut the vinyl labels and weeded away the waste, then laminated with Oraguard and re-did the contour cut with a new contour about 0.05" bigger all the way around, so the laminate is a tiny bit bigger than the vinyl itself - I should have made that cut a little further out to do a better job of sealing the edges...

post-24492-0-95232900-1373392739_thumb.p

And this is the same key, same label, after wiping it off with my fingertip - it's just pocket dust and sweat building up on the labels over time.

post-24492-0-97467400-1373393021_thumb.p

Admittedly, this is not an accurate test of how well these labels will hold up outdoors, but it does show that the adhesive holds up under relatively adverse conditions.  When the keys were handed to me, they had been labeled with Avery paper label stock and then wrapped in clear tape to keep the labels from peeling.  I had to soak the whole keyring in Goo Gone overnight to get all the gunk and adhesive off of the keys before applying my new labels.