security802

best magnet

magnum 30 mil, USCutter

All I am finding is the digimag at uscutter, is this ok to use with just cut vinyl?

I just got a roll of digimag by mistake and it felt softer to me but I've made around 10 magnets out of it so far and haven't heard of any problems so far.

• Like 1

I just got a roll of digimag by mistake and it felt softer to me but I've made around 10 magnets out of it so far and haven't heard of any problems so far.

Cool Thanks Jay

I'm still partial to Magnum but this seems to .work fine

digimag is made by Magnum. You can get the regular Magnum elsewhere but a roll is so heavy the shipping will kill you. I"ve been using the digimag for a few years now with no problems.

just stay away from the cheap chinese stuff you often see on ebay.

• Like 1

digimag is made by Magnum. You can get the regular Magnum elsewhere but a roll is so heavy the shipping will kill you. I"ve been using the digimag for a few years now with no problems.

Thanks BannerJohn

Good to know because I was a little concerned about long term durability myself.

Am I understanding correctly that my SC cutter can cut the magnum 30 mil magnets? Just use 60 degree blade, with a little extra showing and a little extra pressure and only score about half way through then pull apart from there? I just got a few custom cut door magnets requested and I told them Id have to look into finding someone to cut them, but after searching it seems I might very well be able to cut them myself

I've done it,and others have. YOu might have to use an exacto or box cutter to finish the cut in some places. But it always looks good

Ok thank you. Guess Ill give it a shot. now to hunt pricing. Think I have it, just want to cross it to make sure im in the ball park

I have done magnets on my graphtec without a hitch - came out real nice, just needed to run a balde over a few spots but other than that id say go for it!

Really? Never thought of cutting magnetic material before, wouldn't it be more likely to be pulled of by wind? I have heard that it is always recommended to round the corners to it won't get blown off. 

Really? Never thought of cutting magnetic material before, wouldn't it be more likely to be pulled of by wind? I have heard that it is always recommended to round the corners to it won't get blown off. 

They put a piece of tape over the corner to help hold em on where they can't be rounded by law. From the sounds of it he orders every year cause they do blow away.Tried to tell em to do 12"x12" with rounded corners and then do the orange triangle on that. The placard only has to 10.75x10.75 legally.

Very interested in this also.  So this http://www.uscutter.com/DigiMag-Magnetic-Vinyl-for-Solvent-Printers-Matte-25mil-24-x-25-roll is good for cut vinyl also?  and does covering with a UV protectant help (read on here about Frog Juice)?

ETA: I realize this post is a little old...not finding a 30mil on USC site, just the 25mil above.  Did they stop carrying?

I think they dropped the 30 mil but I've went through 25' of the thinner so far and no complaints yet. Seems to work fine but the thicker magnet has a greater perceived value.

I bought the thinner because I wasn't paying attention and will be switching back just because I like the feel of the thicker but the thinner magnet seems to be doing fine.