slees66

Signcut opens with a blank grey screen.

Hi. 

I have created an image using the latest version of inkscape, I try to export it to signcut, (latest version) and I am greeted with a blank screen. However, I go onto preview one copy and the image is there? Yet I cannot change the size or whatever so I am unable to cut. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,

post-56511-0-64547000-1373109094_thumb.g

post-56511-0-90604900-1373109102_thumb.j

Mine does the same thing with the 'Export' function... Except it's just a black screen.

Never use it though. I always save then reopen in SignCut.

mine does the same thing.   I have to reset settings, then re-add my cutter and all is OK again until the next time I reboot my computer.

Wasn't doing that before.

Just a thought.

Try installing the non-latest version of Inkscape... 0.47 I believe it is. Save a file with that and see if the problem persists.

When I originally installed SignCut, it created and installed in a new folder called 'Program Files (X86)' located in C:\Windows.

Seems like I remember un-installing it and re-installing SignCut in the 'Program Files' folder and had problems...

Let it re-install back where it wanted to be and haven't had any problems since.

Hi,

I just want to inform you customers that when SignCut opens up as a grey window but you still can see the menues in the top of the program it is because the program configuration file has been damaged. This happens when something in the computer disrupt the program from saving the program data while you close the program or the program doesn't have administration rights to save data to the application data folder in the computer.

It doesn't happend that often but when it does you solve it easily by starting the program by clicking the icon on your desktop or under the start menu, then when the program starts you click on "Reset settings" in the settings menu. That will reset the configuration file back to as it was when installing the program the first time. You might loose some personal settings and need to set them again but it will make the program work again as it should. This is something out of our hands since it is a computer related problem but we added the "Reset settings" option to solve it.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Therese Löfström

SignCut Sweden

• Like 1