Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Might not be posting as much

A few of you know this already but to catch everyone up I might not be posting due to, mom is in the hospital. She has been battling an open wound for almost a decade and has gotten an infection, along with other health related issues, and since my father isn't in the greatest shape I will be joining him to the hospitals until she is home and then become her slave. However atleast she is home and I would be able to work on things. Just imaging this all happened due to the place my father worked at decided to downsize and lost insurance 9 yrs ago. Thank you to those that already know and sent their best and for understanding the situation.

Best wishes to you and your parents. Don't forget to take care of yourself too and let us know if you need us to do any sub work for you at a helpful rate so that you don't lose out completely. 

Sorry to hear about your mom, hope she's doing better.

A shout out to you for being stand up.

I work in the medical field, and there ain't a lot of people family included, that put other people's needs before their own.

Strong work my friend

Good luck to your mom and to you. Most companys especially the larger corporations put profit before lpeople and could care less about residual effects of downsizing and laying off personnel. My insurance has always been my wallet and bank account due to being self employeed.

• Like 2

Prayers and good thoughts to your Mom and Family

Thank you everyone. It's going to be a stressful month I believe unless they operate this week. She has a hole In her lower intestent, isn't hungry and weak of course from not eating, and the doc doesn't like some other things. Going to see her soon.. At least found out we can bring iPads and laptops in.

prayers to mom - as corperate america turns to put more money in the pockets of the executives and investors it has been at a great cost to the people that produce the products.  in our state the current governor eleiminated the corperate business tax by taxing pensions and doubling health care for everyone.   right now corporations are posting higher than ever profits, the state has a 750 million surplus before this year and the seniors are struggling like never before.  they just privatized the food service in the prisons - company has caused 3 riots this year so far that is providing the food. =- the effect is a few people will make a bunch of money while all the ones working in a very negative environment will make 1/2 the pay, almost no benefits, no longer have pensions, all  while causing security issues in the prisons.   The way it is going in another 20 years we will be hiring our military from private companies like the Army.LLC  or Navy.Corp, Marines Inc. so they can squeeze more money out than they do now running the private security companies the country has hired  soapbox.gif

• Like 2

I still miss my MOM she passed away in 1985 and I still listen to the the Jimmy Dean recording I O U every now an then.

Check it out on Utube.

Bon

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your Mom. It is tough, taking care of them. My Mother had COPD, and died in 96, and for the last 3 years, me and my sister took care of her. Then my Dad died in 09, after a very short (as far as we know) battle with liver cancer. We will keep you in our prayers, and wish good luck. I am going back to driving, and will be doing our work on the weekends! God bless ya!!!

Since I know you SOMEWHAT.....I know what you are dealing with when it comes to time spent sitting in a hospital room regardless and that means you are down on productivity..Soooo...here's about the only way I can help, I am going to assume you have a Ebay account(hopefully) I will be sending you most if not all I have cut and laid out on tack paper-meaning ready to be put on whatever whether car or wall or god knows what....Sell'em, their yours to do whatever you want and get whatever you can...Now....all I need is that address again that's if you want them...Do the PM to me and will get'em put in a tube and get'em out IF you want'em....At least you have a prespective sales and you aren't killing yourself with hospital time and race'in to make productive elements to sell-its already done...Again its YES or NO.....

• Like 1

NOT being funny...I stopped working several times to take care of my dad first then my mom this last time so I am aware family comes first and $$$ comes last....

• Like 2

You already know where I'm at on this, if you need anything let me know.

• Like 1

Bless you for standing with your parents during all of this!!  Would be more than willing to help from out here on the West Coast if there's anything I can do...  I can cut stickers and stuff and send them too.  Will keep you and your parents in my prayers, and as others have said, please let us know if there's anything we can do.  

Hugs!!!

Pat

I found the real reason he won't be posting as much...

post-24492-0-43433500-1373159332_thumb.j

She turned him into a newt!

• Like 1

Petro I sent a pm to you and thank you. And everyone on the forum thank you OW you made me laugh wish it was true lol.

Jay, Dakota, Petro, OW, Pat, Ted S., Joker, Galaxy, Robert, Mabscotthandyman, and everybody else who posted thank you, I appreciate all the help offerings, and all the well wishes for her, and the prayers. Saturday was the hardest to leave she has an early test Sunday/ today test and she hates this one always did and she was pissed off and yet crying. My dad and I hate leaving her but she told us to go.

Well the test wasn't to bad they put her out for it. Bonus she doesn't have cancer which they were afraid due to she's anemic. Tomorrow the Doctor is suppose to see her and things will go on from there. Doing a lot more for dad now to though but I'm holding on Pat.

• Like 1

Signyouup thank you.

Update they did a stress test found scar tissue on her heart and they want to find out why, and she found out the operation will be 2 part and might have to be transferred to a different hospital. She is still getting antibiotics 2 different kind.