Sign in to follow this  
petroman2012

Something personal...15 yrs ago

Not trying to impress anyone, I was given this eagle that my Inlaw cut and gave me 15 yrs ago, it was raw and nothing had been done till Thursday, I gave a white primer and let dry, put another latex coat on it later...I hand designed the flag element and strips today.....NOT finished as I have to cut some wave strips for the lower section and come up with something for upper left where its blank...I welcome any ideas what I might put in that space short of crowding it...

post-36467-0-02383400-1373069615_thumb.j

post-36467-0-57218700-1373069633_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thanks Fella's..I HAD tempted myself to be a radical about what I think about our present social-listic government but decided not as I am going to mount this above my garage doors to be seen from street soooo.....Don't want any Black lawn-mower powered helo's sputtering around watching me.......

Very nice, I like the correlation between the eagle and the flag.

Great job.

Maybe you could put significant dates in US history on it, or fill the rest in with blue stars

I would have done something like this:

post-24492-0-26343400-1373124710_thumb.j

And then once I got it cut and tried to apply it, I'd be asking "Why the hell did I try and get fancy and not just do something smaller and more centrally located?"...

• Like 1

Well I was going to contact DAKOTA and request a certain image but didn't as I wanted to complete a muti color layout I can always re-group and go with a similar as the examples posted...I appreciate the comments and suggestions fella's..Really....

I think OW nailed it, that is if you want to make use of all of the space available. It is graphically pleasing to the eye and fills all the space. I like it!.

Personally I like the look of Dakota's printed look better - the only thing I like about mine is that one of the stars randomly ended up about where the eagle's eye should be...

• Like 2