Sign in to follow this  
ade the blade

hello folks.

hello folks, totally new to all this cutting adventure. just bought a new mh721 and in the process of setting it up. just so you know its connected via usb. all is going fine up to this point where i am trying to set up contour cutting. software i am using is signcut pro. ok....when i bring up the calibration box with the 4 ( up / down ect ) arrows that tell me which way to move the pen, and click on them, the plotter just does its own thing and ignores my input !! e.g if i click on the left arrow, yes, it starts moving left. however if i then press any of the other arrows, it continues to move left......at one point it travelled from right to fully left and crashed into the end panel with no input from me !!! is this ( hopefully) just a communication prob between pc and usb ? before i forget, no difference is made if i use the keyboard keys directly as recommened either. totally at a loss right now. shame really as things are going well. sorry its very long-winded folks but heres hoping somebody can help me out. cheers for that Ade

Welcome to the forum! I like many other members think this place is great and there is a ton of knowledge spread between members every day. I do not have personal experience with the MH series or Sign Cut but there are lots of members that do. Also while you wait for other responses you can tap into the cast amount of data in previous threads. Check out the sections specific to your questions (Sign Cut, MH cutter).

Welcome to the group.

I don't think your cutter even supports contour cutting. 

That function is designed for machines that have a laser-light feature and is used exclusively for cutting around printed decals.

If you wish to set the ORIGIN of the material (adjust the cutter head and the relative vinyl position) then use the buttons on the cutter control panel itself.

hello folks, totally new to all this cutting adventure. just bought a new mh721 and in the process of setting it up. just so you know its connected via usb. all is going fine up to this point where i am trying to set up contour cutting. software i am using is signcut pro. ok....when i bring up the calibration box with the 4 ( up / down ect ) arrows that tell me which way to move the pen, and click on them, the plotter just does its own thing and ignores my input !! e.g if i click on the left arrow, yes, it starts moving left. however if i then press any of the other arrows, it continues to move left......at one point it travelled from right to fully left and crashed into the end panel with no input from me !!! is this ( hopefully) just a communication prob between pc and usb ? before i forget, no difference is made if i use the keyboard keys directly as recommened either. totally at a loss right now. shame really as things are going well. sorry its very long-winded folks but heres hoping somebody can help me out. cheers for that Ade

You can make your MH cutter a contour cutter by purchasing Flexistarter10.  You do not need a laser with Flexistarter10. It has it's own contour cutting program built into the software.  It measures the contour from the blade in the middle of the registration marks..  Can be had for about $130 on the big auction site.