Sign in to follow this  
CodyMcAllister

Trouble with smaller decal...

Without seeing the picture, I would guess it's an offset issue. That's usually the cause of corners not being cut correctly.

If its just corners I agree with Jay about the offset need.ing adjustment

without seeing you guys are right could be offset but I am betting he has lifting indicating way too much blade out

Impossible to say w/o pics but any of us could be right.

Maybe the cut IS too small for his cutter?

Here, I'll repost his pic here > . <

:)

• Like 2

Sorry guys; my iPhone didn't want to upload the pic and I left for vacation last week and had a bachelor party this weekend so I've been too bury to get on here and check. Lol. I'll get a pic up ASAP. Also, I don't ***think*** I had this problem a month or two ago. Possibly something that has just started.

Numbers are 1" tall. Any ideas why the stringy edges? And instead of crisp, straight cut corners, sometimes it looks as if the blade doesn't rotate properly in the holder and cause a chunk to be cut awkwardly. I cut today without lubricating the blade inside the holder and then afterwards and didn't see any change.

post-36347-0-72904100-1374012057_thumb.j

post-36347-0-06209000-1374012124_thumb.j

What is "offset".  I did a search of it but didn't come up with an explanation of what it is.

Thanks,

Cal

Basically your blade point doesn't actually come out dead center and the software helps compensate for that difference. It either add a tiny distance before turning or subtracts a small aount to make the corners come out correct.

Nevermind Dakota beat me to the draw.

Thanks!  Now I have another forum to lurk on also!!!

Cal

I can't remember on the copam if it is on the machine or software only - check the menu on the machine first.  the offset is determined by which blade you use = a 45 degree balde uses a different offset than a 60 degrree - and then it might need tweaked a little after that.  I have never had to set it on the graphtecs and has been so long since I had a value cutter I don't remember the values.  my best guess at remembering was start at a .25 for the 60 degree