Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

Another truck

Been a good year so far for trucks. All input welcome.

Jay

post-40404-0-60276100-1372723384_thumb.j

post-40404-0-07352700-1372723415_thumb.j

Very nice, I havent done any signs/lettering as of yet been busy with t-shirts.  What does a job like this cost to complete, what do you charge the customer?  No need for exact numbers just wondering ballpark.

Again looks great.

Something like this is $400 - $500 installed. Normally done in cast vinyl but this truck will be abused pretty bad if his trailer is any indication so I did in 651 to cut cost so it won't huirt so bad in a few years if we have to redo it. He just bought it 2 weeks ago brand new and it's already covered in dirt so this is probably the nicest it will ever look.

Material cost is around $80 for this truck.

I Would love to get into that side of the business, hopefully soon I'm just swamped at this point.

I have read some on it but not nearly enough to take the plunge. 

I look forward to it though, when the time comes.

We've been wide open with t-shirts for the last 4 weeks so this was a nice change of pace. When I do vehicles I usually pick up some work from referrals so it not only advertises for them but for my quality as well.

Now if I could just get him to do his trailer to match.

Nice work! Is the red "Dixiana" on the tailgate layered on a black background or was is printed and cut?

Damn you and your printers. Cut and layered and the next time I see the truck I need to trim out the center of the d in dixiana on the tailgate since the contour actually eliminated it.

• Like 1

looks great. I am too chicken to go into big business. I like the every now and then project. But, then again i do work nites and by the time i wake up i am too tired to do too big a project.

This 1 was about 3 hours on site including talking to some potential customers but would have been a little faster in it wasn't so damn hot. I ended up doing both layer wet just because of the heat.

Jay, if you are going to do the D, are you going to do the A's also? Personally, I happen to think it looks great!!! Good job, I'm proud of you!!!

Damn you and your printers. Cut and layered and the next time I see the truck I need to trim out the center of the d in dixiana on the tailgate since the contour actually eliminated it.

There are many instances where cut vinyl should be used like this,  printing is easier but knowing when to use each product is the trick.  too many times people buy a printer and forget when it is best to use cut vinyl.

• Like 1