Sign in to follow this  
Pcrat

Client based software database

Ive been testing some software, but none seem to work well.

Im looking for software, that I can add each client, and details of there jobs, there eps saved files, jpgs etc..

Nothing huge, just something simple, 

anyone know of something? 

or how to you keep track of all your clients and what you did for them?

I have some repeat customers, I had one, that said you remember that 1 you did on my truck, lol. after ya get alot of jobs, ya cant remember them all :D

Right now, i have a folder named Jobs, and have folders with there names,  on each, and there eps, jpgs, contact info, etc files all in there.

Folders for each client, with sub-folders for each of their projects works for me. Though I only have a couple of cllients right now.

I use folders too.  Once I create their art work, what ever it is... I always save the file.  Even if it is just text.  That way when they call back and need to get another one or something I have the file saved with the artwork at the same size etc as it was originally cut.

I hadn't thought of making separate job folders, I have all of my designs mixed together in one folder... I'm going to do that though, because I have a hard time staying organized this way!  I had a guy ask me for 2 decals, just lettering with his son's name, for his dragster.  Great, he says "I want them the same size as the ones you made for Zack's car".  Uh... Ok, great... Like I remember that off the top of my head?  lol

I hadn't thought of making separate job folders, I have all of my designs mixed together in one folder... I'm going to do that though, because I have a hard time staying organized this way!  I had a guy ask me for 2 decals, just lettering with his son's name, for his dragster.  Great, he says "I want them the same size as the ones you made for Zack's car".  Uh... Ok, great... Like I remember that off the top of my head?  lol

It is reasons like that that I have learned that once I cut something, I save that file as is.  Even if it is of a graphic I already have.  I save it as it's cut in a folder with the customers name.  At some point this may not work for me once the files start piling up, but I will cross that bridge when it comes time.

Don't get me wrong, now I do have a folder where "everything else" is stored.  I have stuff I don't even know I have.  I get stuff here and there and store it all in that main file of stuff.  When time permits, I will pick things at random, examine the file, make sure it is cutable etc then move it to a folder of "good files" that I have checked out for stray cuts etc.

With most of my original designs and when I cut them I save the design, the cut config and element files on either a usb stick separate for each design or a flash drive and label them...Yeah I know its a lot of sticks, well since I work with flash drives I get them for nothing along with USB sticks free, I save all misc materials when I do upgrades to POS systems and with that I save all flash drives/USB sticks which range 2gig to 8gig along with a few 32gig...BUT I make sure I label all my work and designs accordingly with date and specific titles and what cutter I used, so if my hard drive's should ever crap out on any of 3 machines I will always have a back up regardless as I used to trust CD and DVD but they tend to get cranky at times so USB and Flash drives work for me...

You guys save stuff?

Hmmmmmmm, interesting concept.

I might have to try that.

(just kidding)  :ph34r:

yea most of us i see do this, 

I guess the folder option im already doing is the best and simplest. I have a text document in each job name folder also, with there contact details, and any other details about them etc.

So i guess i will just stick with that for now. I like the windows 7 folder search option, type something in and it auto finds it right away. easy, fast, simple, to the point.