Sign in to follow this  
dtdm

Flexi and Laserpoint 2

So there are posts all over about the Laserpoint and flexi setups and complications. I recently purchased a Laserpoint 2, primarily just to cut some larger printed designs. I have been using my gx-24 but it bottle necks everything.

Anyways....

I can't figure out which driver in particular works with the Laserpoint2? Any advice for anyone that has contour cutting up and working with flexi and the Laserpoint2?

What version of Flexi are you using with what operating system?   Flexi is called "Flexi" from anything from Starter to Pro. 

What are you using?

The Roland should be the got to machine to use. ...  What do you mean it bottle necks?

Sorry, my post was very vague.

I have flexi 8.6 which came with my Mutoh Falcon 2. I already had a gx-24 cutter upon purchase of the Mutoh. I print 30", I laminate 30" however I ALWAYS had to cut down to 24" (bottle neck) to fit into the Roland GX-24. This is wasting a TON of material. I will eventually upgrade to the Roland GX300 as I have had amazing runs with Roland products.

Rather than purchasing a GX300 I opted to run the Laserpointer 2 for a few months as funds are all over the place at the moment.

I have the uscutter flexi drivers which list the Laserpoint, not Laserpoint 2. I have tried the CT-640 drivers which pop up the manual alignment, however my Laserpoint2 doesnt respond, or activate the laser even when ran under those drivers.

Thanks

Also, like I explained to another person with a vinyl cutter plus laser,  you do not need the laser to contour cut, if You have Flexisign pro.  The software has it's own contour cutting program in it.  Forget about the laser, and measure from the blade. That is where Flexisign software measures from.   The blade in the middle of the registration mark.

I guess they have the Scalp program set to use the laser.

Here is the reply I got back from the member I helped. And He tried for a very long time with the laser, and gave up, because it was always off.  Then he came back here, and I saw his question..    You don't need a laser.  He is also using Flexsignpro8.6

"

Thank you so much.  I depended on the laser so much that i thought it was the only way.

You told me not to use the laser and at first i was confused but now i got it perfectly.  Pointing the blade to the registration marks was even easier than the laser point and i never had this perfect cut in all my tries which is over 100 times ;):).  Thank you."