Sign in to follow this  
WHIT72

First shirt

So I made thirty of these front and back. Boy I know what your talking about with the weeding....I'm definitely not at optimum speed, but overall I'm happy.

Took me about eight hours that was with designing it also, my system needs some tweaking.

post-43101-0-48017800-1372245101_thumb.j

post-43101-0-22792800-1372245117_thumb.j

Good Job ,  the placement on the front appears a  little high.  I normally come down 3 1/2 " and over 3 1/2 " from the center line of the shirt and collar with the left edge of the transfer  using a logo it.  It may be a little to big also that might just be me.  I never liked the t square it, didn't work for me, I would just fold the shirt in half press it to get my llne, fold my transfer or easy weed in half line up both marks and it would be centered...

Did you want the center of the A's missing?  Looks like a hard font to work with unless it was their choice I would go with something easier for down the road, Not trying to be critical but to help you for the next one... Great design

post-2057-0-12449600-1372249645_thumb.jp

post-2057-0-09722700-1372250445_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Hey thanks a lot,

Yeah I noticed the A I fixed it on the rest of them, and did that one over that's it the pic that I had on my computer. Yeah the placement thing is tricky for me I never know where to put it, I'll try your way.

Yeah the font is coda I think, its thick and a bear to weed but it looks sweet when is done. I'll.get a better picture.

Thanks for the input, I'm new and its a little overwhelming.

Looks good for your first it gets easier after! My first 2 shirts where great rags!! :'(

Hey thanks,

I find the alignment to be the most difficult but I received some good advice here.

Yeah I got a few rag from this bunch.

Ya the bigger front logo might as well be centered if it gets too big, much over 4" starts to look wrong. I sometimes modify the back placement to coincide to avoid the neck line from the front of the shirt. If that thing gets in the way you will have trouble getting a good press. Might consider a press pad to insert in situations that you have underlaying seams etc. Also protects the front or back if its already got the design on that side.

Good Point Wildgoose I bought what was really all different size mouse pad material and if I needed to raise the logo in the front or get away from buttons etc.  on polo shirts etc.  They work great, I wouldn't ever go above 3 1/2 " or so for the front logo

Yeah I resized the front after I did the first one. It looks much better, I guess you live and learn. Great info guys.

Thanks

Our logo print is typically 4" but any bigger and it really looks off.

As far as weeding goes... did you weed under heat? Or just at room temp? You can speed up your weeding big time if you weed under your press while it's warming up. But, I have found that too much heat can actually make it more difficult, so you gotta watch how long you keep it under the heat.

Good tip on the heat press, I will have to try it.

Thanks