So I got the PCUT 24in yesterday for my birthday and today I took it out and set everything up  to use it. I installed everything it commanded of me and made a graphic I wanted to cut out in the Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro and I sent it to my cutter and it said it was sent. After waiting for 10 minutes and nothing happening I shut the machine off then turned it back on. Now nothing is showing up on the screen no matter what button I push or anything. Did I just break it? If someone could give me the "Dumbed Down " version of what to do I would be very grateful. I pretty much don't know anything about this machine.

I strongly suggest that you call US Cutter support and have them walk you through your first cut.

do you mean nothing is showing up on your cutter screen with the switch turned on?  That can't be good.  Call Us Cutter, and might I add, Good Luck 

So I got the PCUT 24in yesterday for my birthday and today I took it out and set everything up  to use it. I installed everything it commanded of me and made a graphic I wanted to cut out in the Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro and I sent it to my cutter and it said it was sent. After waiting for 10 minutes and nothing happening I shut the machine off then turned it back on. Now nothing is showing up on the screen no matter what button I push or anything. Did I just break it? If someone could give me the "Dumbed Down " version of what to do I would be very grateful. I pretty much don't know anything about this machine.

There is no dumbed down version.  It takes reading, reading, reading. ,  Then practice, practice, practice.  All the  answers are here and have been posted a zillion times over. 

Here is a newbie manual that can help a bit, download in first post.   Good luck.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/16167-manual-for-new-bie-how-to-start-from-nothing-to-your-first-cut/

• Like 3

Do what Mz Skeeter says! ^-^:bear:

And if you want people to help, you really have to supply enough info for them to work with!

What OS are you using (version of windows or mac)

How is the cutter connected? USB, USB->Keyspan, serial port? If USB, everyone will suggest moving to direct serial port or Keyspan adapter.

What port is connected and what port did you choose in the software?

What cutter did you choose on the menu?

The PCut is a great cutter and it is all "easy" once you figure it out. I spent months reading just about every post in these forums before I bought my PCut... I'm also amazed you figured out Scalp. I have yet to design, import or cut anything with it... Download and install Signblazer and give that a try. It's MUCH easier to work with!

• Like 1

Thank you everyone and Mz skeeter. It was a gift and I didnt really get to read much into it or know much about it.  I actually do graphics with Adobe Photoshop CS2 and all of that so Scalp wasn't too hard to figure out the basics. I called US Cutters and they had me take the Display off and look at the wiring which a few things seem to be wrong. But when we did the walk through with it to try to fix it didnt work. So now we're going to look at the Mother Board? I have SO much reading to do :) I am using Windows 7 on my laptop so its connected through the USB Port. I watched a video and they showed that it should be set to AUTO which I did. And I selected the UsCutters pcut series in the Menu. Usually I am not this helpless when it comes to these things. I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems with their machines when they first got it?  No matter what we did the screen would not light up and turn on and if you look from a downward angle there are blocks and when I turn it off it goes away. I'm hoping its just me being a dummy.

black blocks on the screen?  Try this..   From support.  You have to remember these machines are coming from China and get jostled around in different transports.  UScutter does not open these boxes and run them first, before shipping, Any more than Walmart will try your new TV.before you buy it.   ...  But they will help you out. 

My screen is blank/has a line of black boxes across it.
Posted by Levi Hartzog on 19 January 2009 03:27 PM

Normally on a Creation machine the screen going blank or displaying black boxes means that one of the kill switches is being depressed. The kill switches are located on each inner wall, if either of these are pressed down the machine will cease all activity until the button isn't being pressed anymore. These kill switches are there to protect the motor that moves the carriage. In order to fix the problem turn the machine off, move the carriage off of the kill switch gently, then turn the machine back on. If the screen is still blank then tap each kill switch to see if they are stuck down. If this does not fix your problem you should get a hold of our tech support team.

black blocks on the screen?  Try this..   From support.  You have to remember these machines are coming from China and get jostled around in different transports.  UScutter does not open these boxes and run them first, before shipping, Any more than Walmart will try your new TV.before you buy it.   ...  But they will help you out. 

My screen is blank/has a line of black boxes across it.
Posted by Levi Hartzog on 19 January 2009 03:27 PM

Normally on a Creation machine the screen going blank or displaying black boxes means that one of the kill switches is being depressed. The kill switches are located on each inner wall, if either of these are pressed down the machine will cease all activity until the button isn't being pressed anymore. These kill switches are there to protect the motor that moves the carriage. In order to fix the problem turn the machine off, move the carriage off of the kill switch gently, then turn the machine back on. If the screen is still blank then tap each kill switch to see if they are stuck down. If this does not fix your problem you should get a hold of our tech support team.

IT WORKED! some how I feel completely stupid for not looking at that and putting two and two together. Thank you so  much Mz SKEETER!! I wonder why tech didnt suggest anything like this at first?

IT WORKED! some how I feel completely stupid for not looking at that and putting two and two together. Thank you so  much Mz SKEETER!! I wonder why tech didnt suggest anything like this at first?

Your welcome... ;D   Now take some time to learn your machine and your cutting software.  

Haha I love happy endings too. Now I just have to figure out why its not cutting anything out :)

Check your port settings to make sure they are set correctly. I run on serial but usb can cause some problems

Check your port settings to make sure they are set correctly. I run on serial but usb can cause some problems

Since I am running on a Laptop (windows 7) The other end will not fit into my laptop. We went to walmart and staples to see if we could find some sort of adapter and they didn't have anything so I guess I am just stuck with the USB instead of Serial. Unless someone knows where I can get one? My husband (who I am not sure was talking out of his behind or not) said that because the cord doesn't have gold in it that is the reason why it has so much static and doesn't work very well.

I got the machine running and made my first cut but I am still trying to read and figure out how to properly use the x & y to get it where I need it. I made a design and it turned out great. Except for the fact that I didnt get it all on the vinyl lol. LOTS of experimenting ahead for sure. this is what it looks like.

"ountry girl" LOL6gy70m.jpg

• Like 1

Those at the Staples etc stores are not suggested to be used.     A Keyspan Adapter,  serial card or serial cable  should be used. And the Keyspan Adapter and serial card both work with a laptop.

Also, if you have a stand, make sure the cutter is grounded to the stand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tripp-Lite-USA-19HS-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-/160804080791?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item2570ab8c97

Vinyl cutters cut from right lower corner to left.

Then set your origin there.

You can use the arrow to toggle the cutter head from side to side and to advance and retract your vinyl when you push the center key in the center of the arrows that sets your orgin and will start cutting from there. Your design can be resize in your software to fit the size of the media you are using . Just browse the forum and read threads that pertain to your concerns and you will be fine. Good luck and don't become disheartened it may take a little while but will catch on quickly .

Dan

We were so (and I am keeping this very filtered) upset with the stand assembly directions or lack of. It was before we found the forum so we put it together and got it right thankfully. Thank you I will go and purchase one today,

And thank you now that I know I will retry my cut and see if I can get it right this time. Trial and Error is the basis my life was built on lol. I have been reading lots of stuff on here and so thankful that you guys respond to help everyone out. When I figure out how to use it I will repay the favor to other Newbs lol.

The forum was devised to help new cutter owners starting out and a place to share our thoughts and information and even a area to show off if we choose ( show your work ) there are a lot of helpful people on here willing to help Mz Skeeter one of our most helpful taking time to research even cutters and software she does not use to help newbies . Keep reading and learning that is how we all started and you will succeed.

Dan

• Like 3

Man, I gotta bump this thread, it was an enjoyable read, lots of smiles, good overall.

Dan said a mouthful, all of it 100% right.

• Like 2