Sign in to follow this  
TimnAng

Couple of Recents

Not very happy with the placement of the graduation cap on the banner...  Next time I would make it slightly smaller and change the angle.  It was a last minute request, and something I did for free (ouch!) for a long time friend's daughter, who's like family to us.  (They did offer to pay, but I declined)  We'll be removing the vinyl and re-using the banner, so we're really only out the cost of the vinyl, and the time of course.  We've already had a request to make one for another grad, after they saw this one... so that's a bonus.

post-37278-0-39559100-1372136136_thumb.j

post-37278-0-95909400-1372136142_thumb.j

Know how it is to do stuff really cheap for family... Looks Nice!

We'll be removing the vinyl and re-using the banner

What type of vinyl did you use, and how difficult is it to remove from the banner?

I've been bouncing an idea around inside my head for while (there is plenty of room in there, after all) but wasn't sure how easy it was going to be to remove vinyl from a banner and didn't have any cheap banners I could waste testing it out...

I used the Oracal 651...   I haven't removed all of the vinyl yet, but did remove a letter to see if it was going to be a plausible idea, and it seemed to work out just fine.  I imagine adding a little heat to the process would make the removal even easier.  

What type of vinyl did you use, and how difficult is it to remove from the banner?

I've been bouncing an idea around inside my head for while (there is plenty of room in there, after all) but wasn't sure how easy it was going to be to remove vinyl from a banner and didn't have any cheap banners I could waste testing it out...

You thinking about rental type setup OW?

Where I used to live there was a local company called Yard Cards that put up framed banners in people's yards - they were pre-decorated with things like "Lordy, Lordy, Look Who's 40!" and "Congratulations on Graduation" or "Good Luck in the Big Game" and then names or other personalizations were added .

They took care of delivery and pickup, and I've thought about doing something similar where I live now, but wasn't sure how easy it would be to un-personalize when they were done. I had thought about using Oracal 631 for the temporary lettering as they stay outside usually less than 72 hours and I know it is easy to remove.

I have a few zen banners with wrinkles I could sell ya if ya wanted to play with them   :lol:

• Like 1

How long was the 651 on the banner before you removed it? I think it might get worse after the adhesive sets in. 

I have used 631 on a banner before. Guy wanted something real cheap for a temporary banner. Don't know how long he had it up so I can't tell you the life but it installed nice and looked great. 

The one letter I took off, was only on for 24-48 hours.  I haven't taken the others off yet... I'll let ya know how it goes!

I've pulled dates on banners after a year w/o issues. Done with both 651 and Avery and came off with just a little cleanup.

Looks good!

I have removed lettering and graphics for my sons soccer team they changed the name 3 years in a row!! I used a heat gun just to heat the vinyl a little, just to make is warm then we have a picking party!  After its removed just a mild cleaner. Don't go to hot you don't want to wreck the banner material. I like the idea of a rental B)