Sign in to follow this  
katebisih

Vinyl Cutter

Hi everyone I am new here and have a few questions:

1. My rollers seem to be leaving marks on the vinyl. Is this normal or is there a way to adjust them and if so how?

2. How much vinyl is needed per cut? For example when the cutting starts the vinyl rolls in and out a few times and I can't seem to get it to cut at the ends so I am loosing a lot of vinyl. Any tips on this?

3. Where does everyone get their monogram fonts?

4. What settings should the cutter be on an dhow are those adjusted? I know the set-up guide said 500 and 100 but is this what the majority uses?

Thanks so much to everyone reading this and hopefully I can help answer one of your questions one of these days!

The roller marks go away when installed. As for the other stuff, what kind of cutter?

• Like 1

The roller marks go away when installed. 

Jaybird is correct - the imprints you see are because the liner paper is creased by the friction rollers, once removed form the liner and applied to a smooth surface the impressions will vanish.

The vinyl moving back and forth prior to cutting sounds like a software issue - I don't know what software you're using so I can't offer specific advice.

If you're looking to buy monogram fonts, here is a good place to start - http://www.monogramfonts.com/   If you prefer free, try this link http://www.ufonts.com/search/monogram

With regards to cutter settings, you'll need someone familiar with your type of cutter to provide specifics.

I have an SC cutter and I have my speed set on 200 and pressure at 50.  You can set these from the control panel on your cutter

Being a cheep cutter Slice, I was afraid to run mine at 800 for fear of smoke....LOL