Quincy

Laser Point 2 has blank screen

I've had my Laser Point 2 for about four months and love it.  I was just in a hurry to do a quick cut, and didn't have my vinyl set correctly and cancelled the cut, it didn't stop so I shut the cutter off.  When I went to turn it back on, the little display screen is blank and won't do anything.  I've cycled power, unplugged it, changed usb ports, verified the kill switches engage and disengage when pushing the carrige back and forth (gently), and now I'm running out of ideas.  I put a ticket in for support, but really want to get moving again, promised my brother some decals and need to get them done.. 

What can I do?

This is in support.   really make sure those kill switches are working right,  double check them..   that's all I have.   I would think this is the same for the Laser pointer..   At least I hope ...

My screen is blank/has a line of black boxes across it.
Posted by Levi Hartzog on 19 January 2009 03:27 PM

Normally on a Creation machine the screen going blank or displaying black boxes means that one of the kill switches is being depressed. The kill switches are located on each inner wall, if either of these are pressed down the machine will cease all activity until the button isn't being pressed anymore. These kill switches are there to protect the motor that moves the carriage. In order to fix the problem turn the machine off, move the carriage off of the kill switch gently, then turn the machine back on. If the screen is still blank then tap each kill switch to see if they are stuck down. If this does not fix your problem you should get a hold of our tech support team.

Just triple checked them, they spring back and click like new.  I saw that post which led me to the kill switches from the start ( I had no idea they were even there before that ) but still nothing. 

You could try to do a factory reset on the machine, I believe it is done by holding down the reset button while you turn the power on and then release the reset button. Mz Skeeter is thinking along the same line I am in that one of the buttons may not be working or releasing. Maybe there is a bad connection on the reset button?

Tried the reset button while turning on and off, so you guys don't thi k it had anything to do with shutting it off during a cut?

I can't begin to tell you how many times I've jumped up and hit the power on mine. I cut tons of heat transfer and anybody else that does ca tell you you'll never remember to mirror image until after you click to cut. Nothing dead, yet.

• Like 1

Just a suggestion, but I would probably double check the USB cable, and/or THAT connection. The board could STILL be reading a signal from the switch as being a closed circuit. The spring inside the switch could still be giving you the impression that it is working properly, when the actual contacts are still engaged. Good luck, and keep us posted as to what the cure is. I have a LP II, as well!

Just got off the phone with support, he walked me through doing a few different things, then on to the mother board and I removed and reset all the connections, did a couple of test cuts using different port settings and he said it is the mother board, they are sending one out, and I should get it Weds.  I will replace the mother board and let yall know if that does the trick.  Very happy that they are standing behind their equipment and sending something out this fast!  I will be a repeat customer once I'm ready to upgrade!

Thanks to everybody on here for giving me ideas to try!

Q Smith

• Like 1

Motherboard installed, blank screen is gone!  Whew, changing the board with my fingers and the tiny little connectors was like playing the game operation but with money on the line!

Go U.S. Cutter, thanks for standing behind the product and shipping the replacement within two days!

Q. Smith

• Like 2