Sign in to follow this  
decaladdiction

Yet ANOTHER issue with my sc cutter.

Hey guys, so a couple of weeks ago I had an issue where my sc just stopped responding, after this and that, motherboard took a crap.

Now less than 2 weeks later my sc cannot finish a single project without stopping in the middle of the cut.

I have looked up the issue, I ran a ground wire from machine to stand and still nothing.

After every single cut that I do I turn off the cutter unplug and let it sit for 3 - 5 minutes in between cuts.

It will cut a few designs, then stop, the lcd says that its cutting the bar on my program stops at full green.

I have to say im extremely dissapointed in this set up, I have been using it for less than 5 full months and it seems its one thing after another. has anyone else had this issue? Or no of someway to stop it?

The value cutters have less memory than the the higher end cutters. You should always be turning the cutter off and back on before cutting the next order, so as to dump the data from the last order.  Also, if on USB, then put it on a Keyspan adapter,  a serial card or a serial cable if using an older computer.  Many have put their cutters on a Keyspan adapter and it solved their problems right away.  Just look up Keyspan Adapter on here.  Keyspan Adapter by Triplite is the brand name.

• Like 1

X2 what Mz SKEETER said. My Laserpoint cutter acts completely different if attached with a USB cable. Running on the serial cable I don't have any issue though. 

I have an SC and had the same trouble.  Switched from straight usb to usb with the triplite keyspan adapter and the problem went away.  I no longer turn my machine off between jobs either.  I only turn it off when I am through with it at the time.