Sign in to follow this  
WHIT72

Testing phase

Okay... got it. I've pressed a few larger graphics and got to admit... not a fan of that vinyl-y look and feel.

If the Stretch easy weed is is any better at producing a product that is ANY closer to screen print 'hand', I am all for it.

Gonna give it a try.

Hey guys, Can somebody help me out? I ordered heat press vinyl (premium plus) from cad cut direct, and i can't get it to cut worth a dam*. I'm very upset since it was on back order and i finally got it after 7 weeks. When i finally went to cut a sample out, it looks like its cutting a dotted line, and more or less stretching it. I have adjusted my presser to very high and very low and it looks the same. I tried putting a new blade in and nothing. :( Is it just crappy vinyl? Should i send all of it back? ... I bought some off ebay two months ago maybe (thermoflex plus?) and worked great and the backing was sticky, hard to see the cut line but at least worked. This backing is not sticky at all. I was looking to buy in bulk which is why i went on the cad cut website, which looks like a bad decision   :'( Good thing i dont need all these shirts for a couple months yet. Please help.

generally HPV cuts easier than regular vinyl - if it is pulling it I would try a new blade

After stepping away for a few hours, I tried a new blade once again and took your advice about the easier cutting and used about half the pressure I normally would for regualar vinyl, and seemed to work. :rolleyes: I might have to adjust my offset a little bit since it rounded a couple edges but it actually cut a straight line. Thank you dakota. I'm so relieved it was just me and not the vinyl since i had ordered a lot. Now i just have to remember to cut everything in mirror image :-)

• Like 1

when it comes time for new blades try some cleancut blades - I use the 60 degree for all my cutting and get about a year out of each blade - they cost more each but not changing as often and the better cuts and weeding make them invaluable to me. 

when it comes time for new blades try some cleancut blades - I use the 60 degree for all my cutting and get about a year out of each blade - they cost more each but not changing as often and the better cuts and weeding make them invaluable to me. 

I have the blades that came with the SC, God long do they usually last?

So I have been trying to cut out my design and found that i had to tighten up my rollers since the H.P.V. is so much thiner and kept sliding. My letters were starting to over lap and wasn't finishing cutting the lines. But now my cutter is getting stuck in the middle of my design and cutting out the same circle 8 times, until it rips a hole right through it. Thats new for my machine. Im thinking is just a malfunction with the cutter i have(MH871). Not sure how i'm gonna fix that one but to shut it off for awhile and take a break for a little bit. :wacko: Still not sure if i like this type of vinyl becasue the backing is not sticky so it doesn't hold down little edges.

bet you are using scalp . . . . lots of issues there, I don't use it but have read the multiple cut issue - I am also guessing you have your blade way out 

Sure Cuts A Lot Pro

although the pro part is a little misleading LOL