sleeveofwizzard

Thinking about relocating, who loves where they live?

I'll mention that here in Virginia, things seem to be doing okay as well... all things considered, of course.

Don't know. She wants West Virginia to adopt the song country roads as the state song

Brain freeze is my excuse on this 1 ... :) . I guess talking about John & reading other threads where he posted , I thought John posted that . That is why I asked if she lived in Tn , like John .

Ca unemployment is at 9% Fresno, Ca (where I live) is at 14%

Our state rate is 6.2 % and varies by county of course the states lowest is Jefferson county @ 5.2%

Rodger said -- "Even around the DC and Baltimore area, the economy is tanked"

The unemployment rate is just 0.7 percent higher than the national average.

Major manufacturing & factories have closed, but service and professional occupations are strong.

I would not agree that the Baltimore suburban area economic situation has tanked --

there is still plenty of opportunity.

To quote Rodger again-- "Ambitious people will make it no matter where..."

I know many contractors around the Baltimore, DC , Annapolis area . Many big companies have went out all together . Other companies like Reliable Contracting ( employees hundreds of people ) & Jones of Annapolis ( employees at least 50 people ) , Joe Boggs , an architect that employees many architects , HB propertys , which owns hundreds of commercial property in Annapolis plus many all around , ... and that is what they say also .. but hey , what do they ( and me ) know .... I did not by any means say there was no work , but compared to how work used to be around here .. it has TANKED big time . I used to be able to work 1 week a month ( was working at the farm the other 3 ) , and could practically fall down and make more than enough to cover expenses . Now EVERYBODY I know has tightened their belt .

It is common knowledge the whole country if not the world is in a recession/depression . I consider that " tanked " , plus .7 higher than the national average equates to a whole bunch of people around here ... Yep , I consider the economy around here which was not really effected by previous recessions , tanked this time .

This thread could use a tangent ... Isn't there anybody who wants to tell Ted where he should live , how he should do it etc  ?? :lol: 

Ted , I can quote myself also :) . I knew we could get a tangent going . I was afraid there would be 1 thread that would stay on topic .... :lol:  :lol: 

• Like 2

I'm in Prince George, Handyman... south by southeast of Richmond by about 25 miles.

Generally that area of Virginia seems to stay fairly stable. I have a friend from here that has worked in Charlottesville and the surrounding area for 30 years. My son lives in Roanoke Va. And does commercial metal studding ,drywall ,commercial vinyl tile and suspended ceilings . And worked in that area a lot .

It's true.. a pretty stable area. We were on the Gulf Coast of Fla for 6 years but came back in 09 partly

because of the economy down there. My son is in Asheville NC. and have lived all over Va and traveled

quite a bit to Carolinas, Tennessee. Roanoke and Charlottesville are really nice. Virginia born & bred.

Seems like the whole 95 corridor does fairly well . Roanoke is usaly a stable economy but went down this time but is recovering well now .

So much variety and Government related industry along the 95 corridor down thru here...

Lotsa folks have discovered the bounty though... population has exploded since we left and returned.

Seattle is nice, but the cost of living is not. Mild climate, but it rains bucket loads every week, year round, so you have to tolerate that. And traffic.

I lived on Bainbridge Island for a few years and loved it. My wife does not do well without sunlight and nicer weather so Washington is kind of out of the question. Seattle is a great place though, I really need to get up there to visit my grandmother. 

• Like 1

Seattle is nice, but the cost of living is not. Mild climate, but it rains bucket loads every week, year round, so you have to tolerate that. And traffic.

PLUS , you can go " Squatchin " :) . My wifes always laughed at me watching that show " Finding BigFoot " or whatever the name is

• Like 1

PLUS , you can go " Squatchin " :) . My wifes always laughed at me watching that show " Finding BigFoot " or whatever the name is

Yea, not sure what that show was called, but that is funny, cause we do have the 'chasers' around these parts. Maybe one of these days they will get some footage. Not something I care to take part in. :)

You would think that after all these years someone would have been able to find one. I made my kids watch Harry and the Hendersons a while back, great movie. 

Yea, not sure what that show was called, but that is funny, cause we do have the 'chasers' around these parts. Maybe one of these days they will get some footage. Not something I care to take part in. :)

Me either . I don't rule out the possibilty of their existence . I am not sure a " meeting " would be all fun & giggles .

The footage from the state troopers patrol car's camera seems legit .

Me either . I don't rule out the possibilty of their existence . I am not sure a " meeting " would be all fun & giggles .

The footage from the state troopers patrol car's camera seems legit .

I would not blame bigfoot or any other unknown existence staying away from the humans of this planet. It just shows if they do exist they have superior intelengence.

I looked on youtube for any state trooper footage but couldn't find it. The rest of the videos seems like mostly junk 

I'll post it when I find it ( I think it is the Discovery channel that carried tht show & all the episodes are available ) . It seems credible with a state trooper and a passenger validating it with actual footage . 99.99% of Tv stuff is so staged it is funny , but some things make you wonder ...

Animal Planet - Finding BigFoot - Videos - Police Cruiser Highlights . Anybody know why I can't paste stuff on this forum ??

I wouldnt recommend Del Rio Texas... Although we do have 4 seasons...

Hot...

Africa Hot...

Hotter than Hell...

Hotter than the surface of the sun...

• Like 1