sniderman

svg file to eps file help

can anyone help tell me how to change a svg file to eps file to cut in sign blazer,,

NOTE: I have never used inkscape

thanx much

jeff

with ink scape do i just save as eps?

i could not get that image editor to work.

when i try to save as eps in inkscape, I open the eps that it makes in sign blazer but it is not the whole image

There is a window that pops up once you save a file in EPS. Here is a screen shot of the settings I use for files being cut in SignBlazer.

post-12577-0-06031600-1371681459_thumb.p

hey ted

when i save in inkscape to eps and open in sign blazer the image is all choppy

Choppy? are you sure there is something wrong with it or is it just the low quality image Signblazer produces on the screen? try zooming in and out to see if the choppy look changes.

Do your settings match what I posted? Are you selecting "Import" and "use full postscript interpreter"? 

If you post the eps and svg we can look at them but I understand if its not something you can share.

• Like 1

For me the most common reason items don't show up in Signblazer is that not all of the graphic is a path or vector. if there is text make sure to select it and convert it to a path before saving the file. This may need to be done with shapes as well. Sometimes you have to un-group things before the program will convert them to a path. There is an indicator at the bottom of the screen that tells you what each object is (path or image)

post-12577-0-24939700-1371683886_thumb.p

I replied to your PM with the SignBlazer file. The choppyness is probablly just SignBlazer screen graphics. It should cut fine.

• Like 1

thanx guys

i will try to cut tomarro and let you guys no how it goes

jeff

You can also do a select all, copy and paste from Inkscape into SignBlazer and skip the EPS stage.

im having trouble putting a eps file in the signblazer software....can any one help me? I go to file and its not in the file area or lets me import or find the file on my computer???

Signblazer will only import older .eps files like version 8.      Signblazer has not been updated for several years.    If you have a design software, like Illustrator then save it back as an older file. version 8.eps.

The image is saved in eps file and works in signcut but I can not access it at all in signblazer.... Most of my images where vectorized in inkscape .....