ghostrider27

Which blade angles to use with different vinyls

Which blade do I use for Oracal 651 series, 751 series, 8500 series

Which blade do I use for reflective vinyl

Which blade do I use for etched glass film

Does this forum have a FAQ page?

1Cross + 3Nails = 4Given

My answer is simple.  I use 60° Clean Cut Blades for everything I cut.   I use it on Oracal 631 and 651, FDC ultra metallic films, Schein Holographic chrome films, 3M etched glass vinyl, thick rubber rhinestone template materials, etc.

Two reasons:

1) The finer point of the 60° blade enables me to get even finer detail, especially at smaller sizes, which is what I predominately cut.

2) I'm too lazy to keep switching between different types of blades.  I have two blade holders for my Graphtec, one set for ~3 mil vinyl and the other set much longer for cutting template material - both are 60° blades.  I can quickly swap them back and forth and don't have to worry about tweaking the blade length each time.

I have two 45° Clean Cut Blades, still new in the box - I bought two of each a year ago and have never even opened the 45° blades...

• Like 1

60' cleancut for everything here also. cleancutblade.com  You'll never regret it.

OWJones: Which graphtec model do you have? I'm waiting on my new CE6000 to arrive and would like to pick up some of the clean cut blades. I'm curios what pressure setting you are using with these blades.

OWJones: Which graphtec model do you have? I'm waiting on my new CE6000 to arrive and would like to pick up some of the clean cut blades. I'm curios what pressure setting you are using with these blades.

The Graphtec CE5000-60.  I reduced the pressure 30% after installing my CleanCut Blades and then slowly turned it back up to get it to cut the way I wanted.   I settled on a pressure setting of 14 (I think I was at 15 before upgrading my blade).  I bump it to a pressure setting of 20 when cutting rubber rhinestone template material with the longer blade.

Are there clean cut blades available for most all cutters?  Or generally just the higher end machines?

Thanks, I'll have to check it out... we're currently just using the blade that came with our cutter (The MH series), but I've seen you all say some great things about the clean cut and would like to look into getting one.

They have them for my knock off SC cutter!  Be sure to mention Dakotas name and they give you a free blade!  (ok, not sure that is accurate but I think you do get a discount, they may call it the forum discount!)

Ahh, alrighty.  I did see something about the forum discount, you have to call in to get that discount, but it's worth it!  I think I'll be ordering one very soon.

Same here o n Clean cut 60. I use for everything cut. Ross is a great help with  any questions.