Sign in to follow this  
xpaperman

My Banners and today's Poor Customer Service

I have reached my boiling point after my phone call this morning.......  today's customer service rep has pushed me over the edge.  

Just a quick check of where we are currently at on my 2 WEEK OLD ORDER......  Last Wednesday, "they" were supposed to send out 3 new replacement banners (the 3rd shipment)  1 was coming from Seattle overnight and the other 2 out of Memphis (the same warehouse that was the problem on the first 2 shipments) not overnight.  They asked if they could sent them out regular to help with cost on this deal since they are losing money.  I said no problem as long as they are shipped TODAY (being last Wednesday)

I called yesterday to find out where the other 2 banners were as they had not arrived and I was informed they never shipped because my order showed "complete".  WTH?

Any way, yesterday, they assured me they would go out (now overnight, so much for helping them save some money) and I asked about an email confirmation as I did not get one last week.  I was assured, that once the order was ready, I would get an email.  (Never got one)  Later in the day yesterday, I called back to double check on this shipment (cause apparently that is what you have to do) because I had gotten no email and wanted to stay on them to ensure the items did infact go out yesterday.  I was told that there was "no way to verify that information"?!?!?!  again.... WTF?  I realize on your computer it may not show up yet, but considering the issues with this order someone could pick up a phone and call someone in Memphis.... hell, give me the number, I will call them myself.  I was assured, it will go out and you WILL get email confirmation with a tracking number.

NOW, TODAY....

Still concerned.... I called to verify my shipment did in fact go out yesterday and to obtain the tracking number as proof.  I was informed that he (different guy from yesterday) "is not sure if it went out or not"  "it appears that it should have"....again  WTF?!?!  Should have?  I already know that.  I asked for the tracking number and he said he does not have one, that kind of information doesn't show up.   GRRRRRRRR

While pressing him for some kind of confirmation, he informed me the "only person that can confirm this for you is the guy you spoke with yesterday"  WTF?  No one else can help me?  "No sir you will  have to talk to him"  

Ok, put him on the phone...... "He is not here yet, he works a later shift"   :angry:

I explained that this was not good enough.  There had to be SOMEONE there that could help me.  He told me there wasn't and that I would just have to wait for this guy to come to work.  Now, that being said, maybe he could have said, "I see this is important, how about I get your name and number and have HIM CALL YOU as soon as he gets here.....NOOOOOO.

Again I questioned about someone (possibly him) calling Memphis to check on this and obtain a tracking number..... NOPE, can't do it.

WAIT FOR IT.....

I then asked to talk to a SUPERVISOR.  I was told NO!  I was told, "as I told you perviously, you will have to wait for the other person to come to work to get any info on this order?!?!!?

In summary....

I called to check on my order and they could not verify shipment or provide tracking number.  I asked to talk to a supervisor and was told NO.  What kind of customer service is this?  I have had it.  I mentioned in my other thread this ordeal could affect my future banner purchases here.... after this mornings phone call.... it may not affect all future orders.

The banners may have in fact went out yesterday and they could very well arrive today and I could be getting worked up for nothing..... the fact is.... they don't know and can't tell me.  Sit and wait.  BTW, the banners are to be delivered to the customer, complete, Wednesday morning in time for the visit from Corporate.  If I don't have them today, there is no way I can deliver tomorrow.

This type of customer service can not continue to happen....  just a heads up y'all

Are you ready for this...... THEY DID NOT SHIP OUT YESTERDAY!?!?!?!?   By the time I called yesterday, they only had about an hour to get the package ready to ship overnight and could not figure out how to ship me an overnight package in that time frame.  (that was really the response)  I now have to spend my day trying to find a place to purchase these and get them picked up..... I don't have time for this

Amazing... someone dropped the ball.

Several times...... and I sense no urgency on their end to resolve this..... They just seem like it's ok to 'try' again today.....

Just sent you a sample by mail no less from SC to TX. Expected delivery is Thursday. No rush just priority mail, I think they need to seriously start retraining their employees and if I couldn't talk to management I would call my cc company and dispute charges due to defective product.

Jay, I called back to talk with "they guy from yesterday"  after receiving the bad news I was so frustrated I asked to talk with a supervisor and he said "It's me".  So, I didn't even get anywhere there.  

I also don't think I was "given the truth" and here is why.  I mentioned here that they could not provide me a tracking number yesterday or today when I called......

Now, I know once you get a shipping label online to put on the package, it comes with a tracking number.

Now, I was informed this morning by "the supervisor" they did not have access to the tracking number because the package had not been picked up?  Whatever....

After a "can I put you on hold" for several minutes he returns to tell me he has a tracking number.  Possibly called Memphis?

He gives me the number and tells me, if you try to enter it right now nothing will show up because the package has not been picked up yet..NOT TRUE!

Once you create a shipping label for a package, that has a tracking number assigned, you can enter that number into Fed Ex's web site and it will tell you  "Electronic shipping info received" which means, they have been notified a package is ready for pickup.

Sure enough, I entered the number after I got off the phone and it showed "no record" of that number.  Hmmmmmmmm

30 minutes later, I tried the number again.... guess what It shows "Shipment information sent to Fed Ex..... guess what time that posted?    15 MINUTES AFTER I GOT OFF THE PHONE?!?!!?  Sounds fishy to me.....

AND.... to touch on what Jay just posted..... If I were US Cutter, and I noticed we "missed the bus" as the supervisor explained referring to the time frame they had yesterday,  If the "overnight bus" came and we weren't ready for it and the package did not ship, my first thought would have been (since they have the regular truck coming later) if we stick it on "that bus" how long will it take to get to him?  If it would arrive on Thursday, and if I just wait till Wednesday to overnight it, he is gonna get it Thursday as well.... let me at least get it out today and let him know we messed up but he will still be getting in Thursday.  By holding onto it your risking yet more failure.  Plus, it cost them extra to overnight.

Their attitude on this just appears to be, "well, we messed up again.... tomorrows another day, we will try again."

FAIL

Sorry to hear this paperman, I have a 4 x 8 banner I can overnight you for cost but not sure when it would get there. This whole citation is crazy to me but if you look back on it now their behavior has been consistent. It is really unfortunate when a company fails at its core functions and duties. It's not like this is some small side function ofthe company, this is what they are supposed to be the best at.

I hate to say anything negative about US Cutter, but the customer anti-service you have received is completely, 100% unacceptable. It sounds like other than an apology, they made little to no effort to rectify the situation.

This is the sort of situation that needs to be sent directly to the person(s) in charge so that they know what their employees are (not) doing and how it reflects on them and their company.

Have not look yet, I am just to much in a panic to think straight at the moment.  The main problem with that is my closest place is going to be at least an hour away..... so that is at least 2 hours round trip, plus gas and however long I have to wait to get my items, rung up and out the door.  I have other orders to be working on.  I don't have the time to piss off 3 hours of my day.  

I think, for all this, the least US Cutter could do, is one have a head person follow up, apologize and just issue a full refund.

You figure, a half hour on the phone looking for new product, 2 hour drive (time and gas) a few minutes there at the store, plus the phone calls to US cutter this morning, the productive time I have lost by posting here to share with others about my experience with them.....I am out a lot more than the cost of the banners.  Not to mention the previous times spent on the phone trying to fix this.  I have talked with (I believe 4 different people now over the past two weeks) and none have gotten this fixed. 

I honestly don't know what I want to do now about this customer....  Going out of my way to take care of this for them at this point would put me behind with other customers now.... the snowball is on it's way down the hill.....  I guess I just have to take a breath, grab a cup of coffee..... and put pen to paper and see who and what I want to risk loosing......

Sad thing is.... I had a Forum member step up and offer to fix it ASAP.  (thanks for that btw Jay!) I put him off to give US Cutter the chance to fix it as I had time back then.... here I am at curtain call time with egg on my face.

Thanks US Cutter

Anyone nearby that you can buy banner blanks from so you can make your deadline?

Even if you got it today there are still a question and no guarantees you will get a usable product.

I hate to say anything negative about US Cutter, but the customer anti-service you have received is completely, 100% unacceptable. It sounds like other than an apology, they made little to no effort to rectify the situation.

This is the sort of situation that needs to be sent directly to the person(s) in charge so that they know what their employees are (not) doing and how it reflects on them and their company.

I don't like to be negative either, especially on their own forums, but it is what it is and I feel the need to share my experience.

I don't know who the person who is directly in charge so I don't know where to go on that aspect. Also, at this point, not sure it would do any good or what kind of bandaide they could use to try and save a customer.   I did ask to talk with a supervisor this morning and the first time I was told "No" the second time I was told "this is one".  (This supervisor also informed me that at the time of my first call it was possible no supervisors where there as they come in later.  That at least could have been conveyed to me originally instead of saying I could not to speak to one.... althought in hindsight it was a correct statement.)  So, the supervisor I was talking with, was the same person who was responsible for trying to fix this yesterday.  You would think that once he pulled up my account he would have seen the issues.... and made sure it was taken care of.  For example, if my package "missed the bus" because an hour was not enough time to prepare a box with two banners, then someone, once the box was ready should have hand carried it to the Fed Ex place in person.  Not wait for the bus to come the next day.

Even if you got it today there are still a question and no guarantees you will get a usable product.

Your stirring the pot tek!  LOL  That is in the back of my mind.....but I guess at this point it doesn't matter.  Once Corporate comes and tours their facility, and the banners aren't up....the damage is done... they can't ask for a redo because the banner guy dropped the ball.  Let's also not forget the fact I am in a small town were word of mouth  is very important.... it could take a long time to recover from bad feedback.  

No one will care if I say US Cutter messed up....my customers don't know them or even care.... all they know is I, the sign guy failed.

Paperman...

Sounds like you need to be on the road....  getting the banner material you need....

And hammering USC later when you get back....  and gitterdunn....!!!!

Make the client happy first.....  get your refunds and trauma money back later when time is NOT of the essence

2 cents

• Like 2

Yeah this is a situation but I agree with Smokem, if you have an order or two that needs to get done first than pick up the banners or vise verse, I would get on the road and get it all done. Lesson learned about the supplies and you can find partners that are interested in quality and reputation as you are. 

• Like 1

I buy from them occasionally for restocking purposes. Anything with a deadline to meet I buy elsewhere.

Not to be negative I belive I would have drove the hour when I got the bad order and returned the bad banners to us cutter for a credit you would have had the banners ready and and have needed less aspirin. I have driven as much as 3 hours one way to pick up material not available at the local hardware to keep the job moving .

• Like 4

I can honestly say that I have only had 1 run in with anyone at US Cutter, but then again, I have only dealt with them a few times. I consider the issue I had to be serious, and it never was resolved, but I got over it. I can also say that Sam, in Memphis, has ALWAYS been top notch. Of course, I can just go to Memphis, and get what I need. Hard to screw that up! Good luck big guy, and I hope everything works out for ya!

The biggest thing that they lost was trust x3. Once your word isnt worth salt. It is hard to reco ver

I have started calling to see if what I need is in at the Memphis warehouse because if the y end it through Seattle it takes a week to get here. Waiting on black oracal for that very reason. Just called about a 30x50yd roll of 631 and he said sorry but have to dropship it . I was like don't be sorry oracal is in ga and I'm in sc and they actually ship in a reasonable manner. I left it there not saying anything but still waiting on black from last week. And how can you run out of black, white, red etc. These are bread and butter of the sign industry.

• Like 1

Don't remember how to tell but when i used to go to my local guy they showed me how oracal date coded the boxes and rolls. Wish I could remember that now.

Roland ink thru usc has been getting better. . . Now only about 8 months old when you get it