Plaigh

● Transfer Vinyl & Vinyl Decal verbiage ●

I'm having a conversation with someone who says  that Transfer Vinyl is for signage.

I thought that Transfer vinyl is for cloth & Vinyl decals were for windows, banners & things like that.

Is there somewhere I can find the definitions on what vinyl is for what? Something like an index?

Thank you in advance for your help

Plaigh Designs

It seems like we are all playing the telephone game sometimes. I associate transfer with heat: vinyl, printed, rhinestone and so on are heat transferred. Adhesive vinyl is for signs, windows, banners, and whatever else you feel like sticking it on. Some people say stickers, some decals others vinyl maybe it depends what part of the country you live in ha ha.

I have worked with vinyls for 30 years and still wonder whether folks are put off by the term 'vinyl'.

Like, no matter what you're offering, it's still 'cheap plastic goods'.

Have any of you ever gotten that impression from a client about the term 'vinyl' ?

Way back when I did remodelling I used to install vinyl siding and we'd tell the customer "vinyl's final" implying it would last forever. It worked then, may work with graphics now.

Thanks everyone so much - I knew I wasn't incorrect when I told them that transfer vinyl is for cloth & Vinyl decal is for windows, banners & hard surfaces  :lol: 

Some people say stickers, some decals others vinyl maybe it depends what part of the country you live in ha ha.

Stickers are what kids put on their toys. Decals are what guys put on their toys. :lol:

• Like 1