ttmgraphics

HELP PLEASE! Re cutting same line, over and over until vinyl rips

HELP! I am new to the vinyl cutting world. I just bought the USCutter MH 871. It has made only one perfect decal, the very first one I made. Since then I have shut off the cutter and changed vinyl colors. I did not touch ANY settings or make any changes besides the size of the design I wanted cut. My machine keeps re cutting the SAME pattern over and over again. It also starts making crazy little dots like you were to stab in repeatedly with a pen. Any suggestions or help would be so helpful as I am to the point of throwing it out the window and I've only had it for one day!!

Thank you in advance!!

Can you post file and what software, operating system etc...

Like what was asked , more info is usefull . I have an extreme amount of perception ... and think you are using SCALPro ( well .... since it is the packaged software USC supplies with the cutters :) ) . In the cut window , make sure " multi-cut " is turned off . If you have made the decal smaller , some cuts do seem to be what you describe . I remove those cuts ( node editing ) .

Very possible the repeated line could be overlay of the design. Some of the files you find online seem to have multiple of the same cut lines....

Very possible the repeated line could be overlay of the design. Some of the files you find online seem to have multiple of the same cut lines....

I have not seen any of those type of files :huh: With SCALPro being an evolved craft software , the multi-cut is a common problem . It has been posted about several times here already . I have had settings in different softwares change without any input from me many times . With the info supplied by the OP ( " My machine keeps re cutting the SAME pattern over and over again " ) and just buying a MH cutter , it is a safe bet to say he is using SCALPro & the multi-cut is the problem . I hjave several designs where I delete small cuts when I downsize them significantly . If I don't , I would describe the cutter's cutting action for those small cuts the same way the OP did his .

Def sounds like multicultural or copied file on top of each other. Group a section and delete and see if image still remains..if so, it's been duplicated on top of itself. Keep grouping and deleting until you see nothing. That will tell you how many times its duplicated.... The stab marks? I have no clue!

DANG ,,,, you went and messed up my vision of muticultural on top of each other ... :lol: 

Lol rodger! This new technology with its thinking on what you are trying to say ! It drives me crazy! Thank goodness my sign program doesn't do it! Can you imagine what my signs would say!

I had to turn that off on my phone because of that :) . When you downsize some decals that have small areas when say 12" , if you cut them at 3" , those cuts seem like the description of the OP . I delete those when making small decals because they are impossible to weed or see after weeding .