xpaperman

Road Signs

I have a customer who wants to decorate the ceiling of his place with road signs.  He has a few original old ones but doesn't want to go through the expense or hassle of hitting flea markets chasing them down so he wants me to make some.

He is after stuff like stop, yield, wrong way, no diving from bridge etc.......

I have a place I get regular rectangle signs from but what about a place that has the blank shaped ones?   I tried Grimco as they have some but they are HIGH!  Of course they are the real deal.  I don't think my guy wants to pay extra for reflective that he doesn't need and he won't need a clear coat on the finished product as they will be inside and out of reach.

Any Ideas?

Well, that sounds like work and I am lazy   ;D  I would rather have them precut,but your right..... If I need to I could go that route I suppose.  I just thought there might already be some cheap (and thin as they are only getting nailed to a ceiling) items out there.

Just buy .040 Alum. blanks from your local sign supply. 12"x12" & 24"x24" should only run about $6 & $12 ea. You can get them with round corners or square corners depending on the look your after.