Thanks Cafedecals,

I really don't bother checking my Etsy much anymore because I have a total of 3 or 4 views in the two months I have had the store. I had intentions of adding more items but just lost my motivation. Hate to invest time or energy into something that doesn't seem worth it. Have you had much luck on that site?

I have had a website for about 3 &1/2 years and have seen enough sales to warrant it's cost.... and a smidge more. I have a Facebook page that doesn't get much attention from me but I have had some local sales from it. When I put my first website up in 2009, my intentions were to use it as a sales tool. A Portfolio to send Clients to rather than expect it to send them to me. It has worked well in that capacity. My expectations weren't high, Heck, I've never even had a shopping cart on the site, Pay Pal Invoices have worked well for me.

For me, it's a combination of word of mouth, Direct mail, and Boots-on-the-ground marketing that has kept me busy.

Im working on my website shopping cart catalogue. .but lately i sell most of my stuff from online forums...stuff for my interests really, motorcycle forums, atv forums, truck and offroad forums.

But im an active member on all these forums and share the same interests as all those other members, and many like me and are happy to buy stuff from me.

And facebook is good for networking with friends and family for people to see and know what you do.

I havent really got into the craft show scene yet, but ive done two motorcycle shows..

I did really well at first on Etsy but it is extremely competitive and some on there are cut throats. You will need to put a lot of time into it. A lot of reading about seo and google and how to stay on top of etsy search engines. The do have a great base of repeat customers. Just get a few friends to buy some stuff and give you great ratings and then you will start to take off. Get a good name on there and then open your own store domain away from them and you will do good.