MadHatterGraphix

Throwing away my MH

That cutter went to the dogs long before this thread.

I enjoy a saying that BannerJohn states sometimes . " A POOR craftsman blames his tools " . I have read things about the MH series for years . The older versions are better than the newer ( I tell women that about men :) ) . John has used a MH to do everything he has wanted and so have any more . All I have used is a CoPam and have no complaints ( it is cut vinyl , not air-brushing or hand lettering ) . I guess the $250,000 vinyl printer I watched at a sign show is near the top of the line , but vinyl cutters still have a good use . Sounds like the OP MH needs some service or repair . Any piece of equipment is going to need that at some point .

The newer mh just don't seem as well built as the older units and I can tell you from first hand experience that the Laserpoint 2 is not as well built as the Laserpoint 1. In an ever evolving attempt to reduce the cost of these machines quality is definitely starting to suffer

I have had 2 mh series over the years and feel your pain - experience with a particular piece of equipement is necessary to understand.  but integrity is always telling the truth also - good or bad - a wise man once said if 2 people always agree you can bet only one of them is doing the thinking,   even with the graphtecs I can tell you the auto registration doesn't work as well as a roland but cuts smaller stuff much better.  I have too much integirty to always be a yes man to any company.

The Pcut I started with was better than the mh was but no where near as good as my copam etc.

1 mh here and boy was I glad to sell. Waste of money and I was just glad to get some of it back.

Hate to jack your thread but I found the picture of Buddy trying to make the great escape yesterday.

post-40404-0-69732500-1372895001_thumb.j