Sign in to follow this  
xpaperman

Banner Condition.... Take 2

Auuurggghhh... REALY?  The new box arrived.  Way over kill on packaging this time, but whatever.  These are just as bad.  The problem appears to be just like I said and brought to the attention of US Cutter on the phone.  The product is sitting in the warehouse in this condition.  All they did was take better care to properly package a damaged product.  Plus, the ends are still not hemmed.  

Is is just me or is this acceptable?

post-27312-0-67559400-1370985495_thumb.j

product description clearly says hemmed - that would be hemmed on all sides - 

1st time could have been an accident = twice and after talking to customer service there is a training issue 

• Like 2

Well, I have called them and spoke with the same person, (who was very helpful and understanding btw) and he claims he will be making some calls and resolving ASAP.  I am not sure how long I will wait before I have to just order somewhere else.  I hate to do it but time is running out.  My customer has a huge inspection coming up (big wigs coming in) and they have to have these up.  This is a new customer too.... do not want to screw this one up.  They have me doing these banners plus redoing their front sign and some vehicles.  I also bought all the vinyl for this job from US Cutter as well.  

If you need, I can throw them together in the morning and shoot them to you same price as ucsutter but min will be single hemmed all 4 sides and grommetted per your specs

I agree these banners are being stored incorrectly. They probably have a ton of them like this that they just plan on selling through. Also they have most likely made a big error on the product description so they either need to provide the item that is described or issue a refund. 

It is not common to have a customer willing to wait this long for something like a banner. I would suggest that US cutter overnight you a different product so that you don't loose money because they aren't providing good products. 

Thanks for that Jaybird.  The "guy" at US Cutter called me back, they did indeed call the warehouse and discover the whole batch is bad.  He is in the process of rushing out replacements in the morning.  This time after talking with him I feel it will be taken care of.  I had mentioned before I had a bad feeling about the replacements and I was right.  This time tho..... I bet they are right.  I also felt like he was making an extra effort this time.  I felt it in his tone that he was on the same page as me.  Prolly won't have them till Thursday or Friday....... Should be able to get them done on time.  

If something goes wrong tho Jay.... I might take you up on that..... and again, thanks for the offer and lending a hand!

No problem and hope all goes well this time around. I order a lot of material through uscutter and very rarely have any problems.

Is that 11 oz material?

13 oz.  He did also confirm that all 4 sides should have been hemmed.

• Like 1

I have never seen crap like what they sent you beyond the accordion shape that end cut is hideous. 3rd times a charm.

I am disappointed they tried to sell off a roll and not sewn as advertised.  if you  wanted off a roll you would have ordered a roll

• Like 1

I just got an order of 100 shirts from sanmar this afternoon and 2 shirts weren't there and 1 was stained from the bottom of the box. Emailed them and in less than an hour I've got an order confirmation that they're ready for ups pickup. Moral of the store is customer service is the best business practice. Oh yeah didn't need pictures of damaged shirt or make me send it back and wait. Uscutter staff might need to take away some pointers from that.

• Like 1

I ordered some frog juice, vinyl remover spray and a heavy duty  teflon sheet for my heat press from another company and the vinyl remover leaked during shipping. It ruined the teflon and half the bottle of remover was gone. I emailed my personal account rep after hours and she had a replacement order shipped out before 9:00 am the next morning. Definitely makes me want to do more business with them. 

Also I purchased a roll of banner material locally and they must have cut my order and given me the leftover roll by mistake because it was short. They came in early the next morning to meet me and give me the missing banner plus and extra 8 feet for my trouble. I was happy that they came in early, just shows you they care but to get an extra banner means a lot!

Money is tight these day but when it comes down to it I chose service over a small savings every time. Overall Uscutter has been great to deal with. I've bought 3 cutters and my ricoh printer from them not to mention tons of supplies and had 2 issues with them and both were resolved to my satisfaction. One thing I have learnt is if you feel you're getting the run around ask to speak with a supervisor. This seems to streamline the process when you hit a wall with the rep on the phone.

1 of 3 arrived today, as promised.  They shipped from 2 different warehouses as they didn't have 3 together.  Anyway, the one that arrived today looks perfect!  Not a wrinkle/crease one.  Hemmed (and sewn) on all 4 sides!  I had a good feeling about this time.  Hopefully the other 2 arrive tomorrow and they are the same as this one.

• Like 3

watch for the sale bullitin - sale on wrinkled, cut end banners soon at usc.

ROFLMAO

actually, they are having a clearance sale beginning June 18th. If you are signed up for their weekly emails, you should get a notice.

actually, they are having a clearance sale beginning June 18th. If you are signed up for their weekly emails, you should get a notice.

I GOT MINE!!

Dude - I am gonna be chillin at sea on the 18th after I negotiate the manhatten traffic in the morning  2thumbup.gif  after that traffic I may need a drink to chill but that is ok cause I won't be driving

Rubbin it in. That's OK someday I'll get a vacation, can't remember the last time I took one.

Isn't that what the little hobby cutters are for.... to take on vacation?

• Like 1