louroberto

Does anyone here have a right answer?

I know mine is not a software problem because mine is not work off the computer,

When I put vinyl in my machine and push the online button and goes to advance the vinyl out where i need it and back to check the tracking

mine locks up and then  neither of the buttons work on the keypad until I restart it when i am advancing the vinyl the balde goes down to the vinyl and thats it

everything stops  same as when i am hooked to the PC halfway through the cut the balde goes down and that is waiting on the  LCD and can't go beyond that

The motherboard tells the cutter what to do based on the info it receives from the computer. Either you were unlucky enough to get 2 bad motherboards in a row,or something is shorting out or damaging the motherboard. Next step would be power supply. If a new motherboard and power supply don't fix the particular problem that you are having, it's probably not a cutter issue. I don't see how it could be.

Well on a good note I would like to apologize if I sounded like I was lashing out but this was very frustrating! I have tried everything on the threads and they did not work. I finally got a copy of flexi 8 and was able to cut very large and detailed graphics with so far no problems. the thing that is funny is that I noticed that in signblazer elements that when it was sending to the cutter and cutting that is where it would lock up(in the progress bar) then the cutter would stop! In my opinion since the software change I am going with the problem is a software issue. Now on another note it would still be US Cutter's problem with supplying this software into the cutter package. Maybe look into this. Thanks everone for any replies to figuing out this problem!

Thank you for coming back and posting this information.  I agree that it is our problem and I would have liked to address it earlier, but we seemed to be running around in circles.  We had previously ruled out SignBlazer, but I am now thinking that it may be a combination of the way that SignBlazer behaves with the FTDI port.  We will concentrate on this.  Thanks again.  (And believe me, I understand your frustration).

Well on a good note I would like to apologize if I sounded like I was lashing out but this was very frustrating! I have tried everything on the threads and they did not work. I finally got a copy of flexi 8 and was able to cut very large and detailed graphics with so far no problems. the thing that is funny is that I noticed that in signblazer elements that when it was sending to the cutter and cutting that is where it would lock up(in the progress bar) then the cutter would stop! In my opinion since the software change I am going with the problem is a software issue. Now on another note it would still be US Cutter's problem with supplying this software into the cutter package. Maybe look into this. Thanks everone for any replies to figuing out this problem!

So then will uscutter provide me with the flexi 8 software before I return my BRAND NEW purchase that has had this issue from day 1?  Ive tried mine with another comp...same prob.  I PMed Ken 4 days ago with no response.  I think its owed to me to atleast continue to help me with my problem even if uscutter doesnt think they can fix it...im losing money..

So then will uscutter provide me with the flexi 8 software before I return my BRAND NEW purchase that has had this issue from day 1?  Ive tried mine with another comp...same prob.  I PMed Ken 4 days ago with no response.  I think its owed to me to atleast continue to help me with my problem even if uscutter doesnt think they can fix it...im losing money..

That would be up to marcus, and I am not certain we even have that program available. I apologize for not being as timely as I would like to with responding to everyone lately, but I am flooded with emails, calls, forum issues, returns, etc. etc. We are looking for more help, and I would appreciate everyones patience and understanding.

We honestly are trying to figure out why a select few of these machines act that way. We gather information from customers and lean towards an FTDI issue, then somthing pops up that makes it seem like it is a hardware issue. Then someone else has the issue but after troubleshooting, it appears to be software related. This is the hardest issue I have ever dealt with in regards to cutter/ plotters, and rest assured, we are not ignoring you or the issue some have.

;D

thanks Ken.... your professional attitude to this problem is encouraging, I think all of our frustrations are not with you, just this unsolvable problem I guess...I'll try to be patient, and hopefully so will everyone else

thanks Ken.... your professional attitude to this problem is encouraging, I think all of our frustrations are not with you, just this unsolvable problem I guess...I'll try to be patient, and hopefully so will everyone else

I can certainly understand why this would be frustrating, especially if you are using your machine for business purposes. I sincerely, and honestly wish I had the answer because this is making my brain overheat.

:-