sdgirl

Openfont?

I downloaded a font and it happens to be an open font instead of a true font. I am not finding it in SB. Is there a way to get it to recognize it or do I have to do my stuff in Lexi since it does? If I have to use my Lexi does anyone know how to do a text arch in there? I have gone thru everything and can't find it. I generally only use SB but thought I would check to see if Lexi had the font and it did.

Thanks!

Christi

I don't believe so. SignBlazer only works with True Type fonts.

You could create it in InkScape and convert it to curves. Export to .eps then Import to SignBlazer.

You could also try using a font converter and convert the Opentype to Truetype.

Seems the OP disappeared?

I thought SB worked with any system font that was installed? If I get the time, I'll have to check, especially since I'll have to cut an opentype font soon...

But if the OP still needs it, SB won't work with it, and they can't convert it, send it to me and I'll try converting it to truetype...

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help. I have been working in Lexi to create my design and cut it. I got it all designed but now it isn't sending it to my cutter. I tried to save it as an EPS file and send it to SB but it won't come up. I also tried to open it in Inkscape but no luck. I will have to read up on this other program to try and get it to cut.

I'm not familiar with Lexi. Is it a cutting program?

When saving as and EPS file, do you have the option to use any of the older EPS formats? If so, try that, SB doesn't work with the newer formats of EPS.