Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Coroplast parking signs?

Just curious what everyone's take on coroplast parking signs is. Looking at buying some just to add for party decorations or even a cheap bar alternative of frat house?

What you probably would be better off with is pvc blanks but I don't know where to get them.

Found what you need but only see it in 4x8 sheets

There are a lot of premade blanks with mounting holes and good quality starting at 0.40 and on up and not at a bad price . I think coro would only be good for maybe a day or so.

Jay what you sent me way earlier in message I will be doing that. How about Masonite or something like thtat or styrene, maybe I should contact the plastic company locally?

def. contact local company I would think styrene or 2 mil pvc. I think 2 mil is what you see the novelty signs in the store made out of.

Sintra is one of the best substrates on the market today.

It comes in colors, it's sturdy, but easily cuts with a utility knife (multiple scores).

I order the 4x8 sheets and slice & dice 'em.

Love it.

• Like 1

Grimco carries Palight and I think it's the same think but not 100% sure.

• Like 1

I am ok with coro for some stuff and like how cheap it is but would like a better option when I need to get something a little nicer. 

Next question is does Sintra hold up when exposed to the elements (water, wind)?

Palight Premium PVC Description:
  • Lightweight and durable foamed PVC sheet
  • Consistant smooth and bright surface
  • Optimally designed for digital printing
  • Masking one side

1,2,3,6,10,12,19 or 25 mil
  • Like 1

Grimco carries Palight and I think it's the same think but not 100% sure.

I am also in need of this.  I buy from Grimco at times so I checked with them. The price is great for 4'x8'    25 bucks!!  I added to cart to get shipping quote  $130.00 shipping plus the 25 bucks for the material..... whoaaaaaa.  Guess I will be looking for another option.  I need all mine cut to 8"x10".  If I could only find them precut I am sure the shipping will go way down

Yeah every place I have found for metal and large size sign substrates have very high shipping. Not that they are overcharging just that it is expensive. I recently found that there is a sign supply place Decno Sales in my town and they are cheaper than everyone I have dealt with on a few things I compared. Bought some 24 x 18 coros with stands for $2.06 each

The closest place for me for supplies is Dallas.  Grimco has a place there, looks like at 130 bucks they are charging my 1 buck a mile

I'm on a delivery route for Grimco's local warehouse so my shipping is usually a $5 or so fuel surcharge. Can't complain about that when it's an hour ride to the warehouse but I don't know if they offer this option everywhere or if it's a carryover from my old supplier they bought out.

There is another place in Dallas that will deliver for free..... but their product is usually twice the price

In this case twice the price is still cheaper than the shipping alone from Grimco. But I feel ya it took me 3 years to get on a route before that I would spend 2 hrs.+ driving there and back sometimes 3 times a week if I was busy.

I was thinking about the drive but just don't want to do it.  I called my other company as they claim to "price match" but they never ask how much my 'other place' is charging me..... they just shoot me a new price.  This time, they are actually 3 bucks cheaper...plus free delivery...SCORE.  (I did call Grimco just to check with them, and they would not do anything on the delivery price, so they missed this sale)

I'm not a huge fan of Grimco but they do deliver to me and when roll vinyl does go ups it's free.