I bought the Laserpoint ll a couple of months ago, but have had a lot going on and haven't used it yet.  I'm about to buy a new computer just for the LaserPoint ll.  I just wanted to double check and make sure that Sure Cuts A Lot Pro is compatible with Windows 8 before I buy a computer.

Thanks in Advance.

It is being used on Windows 8, but you don't need a new fancy computer to run a vinyl cutter.  I run back on XP,  Very stable....  I just picked up a Toshiba laptop XP on the big auction site a few weeks ago for $78.00 which included shipping. Works great....  There are still great deals out there on used computers, I use XP for my back up.  You can save money and put the saving toward supplies.  But it is your decision.  Just saying, you don't need a fancy computer to cut vinyl..

Mz SKEETER are you saying my AMD 8 core computer with 16gb ram, 250 SSD, and gaming. Video card is too. Fancy to run a vinyl cutter? Well actually my laptop is a 4 core AMD E series with 4 fb ram and a built on radeon HD card lol but all my dezigning is done on the big monster computer.

Anyone want to start a list why windows 8 sucks. I don't have enough paper to list half of what I don't like. Need to find somebody to downgrade the laptop to 7.

I'm running Windows XP also But I'm using a 28" monitor with the resolution set to 1920 x 1200.  This way it give me quite a bit of real estate.

I agree with Jay, I'm not liking what I see for Windows 8.

I've been using the 32" tv at the house and it's got me thinking go big for the store.

That's it I'm hooking mine up to the 52"  tv tomorrow. lol

I have hooked my laptop up with HDMI to my 50"  LG.  Wow,,, what a picture.  

I usually watch tv FREE  thru HDMI.    I shut off my cable last January....

Node editing is way easier when nodes are the size of golf balls.

• Like 2

Yes, SCALPro works just fine on Windows 8.  I have not had any issues to date and I have been running Win8 on all my computers since its release.

• Like 1