tysan

2 color layering ?

How do I desperate the two or three colors and get the registration marks to line up for layering?? THANKS

I take the original full image and put 2 diamonds above it. Then make a page for each different color. Then copy the image with the diamonds into each page. Then remove parts in each page to leave only the individual colors. I usually make the page colors the color vinyl it needs to be to make sure Im on right one lol. It has happened where I cut it backwards.

Then each one has the diamonds I can line up on my light box to do each layer.

Wouldn't it be easier to change the color of the lines, and then use the cut by color option, Monkey, instead of making a new page for each color?  Cutting the registration marks with each color as well.

tysan... what program are you using? The process is slightly different for each.

Wouldn't it be easier to change the color of the lines, and then use the cut by color option, Monkey, instead of making a new page for each color?  Cutting the registration marks with each color as well.

No clue. My way works really easy for me. Ive done up to 5 color that way

I just find it easier to keep track of everything, when it's all on one page.  Seems to work well that way.  I do use multiple pages for other projects though, I love having that option.

I use SignCut cutting software... it sets it up on all the different color pages for you.

You just put them where you want them, any or all pages.

SignCut seems to do an excellent job with weeding lines too.

• Like 1