Sign in to follow this  
njelsmom

weeding tool set

Last night at a crafting event a friend brought her little cricut that does 'die-cut' type things for scrapbooks.

She pulled out a little zippered kit that was basically a 'weeding' kit. 

I don't necessarily want a cute little cricut kit - but is there such a thing?  I'd love to have some tools that would help this process glide along.

I've tried everything and I now use dental pics. Easiest way I've found. You can get a pack of 5 I think at Harbor Freight for about $9

one dental pick, exacto knife, loud music and lots of Mt Dew!!!!

my choice is diet pepsi but other than that,right on the money.

This is the only thing I use anymore.  http://www.signwarehouse.com/shop/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SC&Product_Code=HT-BRX1  I didn't get it from sign warehouse, I get mine from my local distributor.  They are great.

I took a sewing needle,stuck it into the end of an exacto knife in place of the blade..looks just like that.I use it for popping bubbles. I like the dental pics because they have a bit of a hook and grab the centers of o's,etc,very fast and easily.

One of the tools in this little kit looked like a dental pick.  I know I've seen those in a hardware store somewhere for a couple bucks.  I might grab one of those.  Another tool in the kit looked very much like an exacto knife.  My preference is Diet Pepsi with MORE ice (to chew) than pop!

dental pics can also be found at auto parts stores. They are used to remove snall 'o' rings from things.

Got all my tools at Harbor Freight -- gotta love that place!!!!

ditto!

I'd prefer Diet Sunkist, but use basically an exacto and pick.

BannerJohn, ended up going to Harbor Freight for that large magnifying light.....and WOW what a difference.

Jenny

I won one of those cricut sets at a craft store a few months before I got my vinyl cutter. I couldn't figure out what the heck it was for. I'm so glad I didn't get rid of it. I love the tools it comes with, and love the fact that they all zipper shut. But since I won it I'm not sure how much the set cost.

I use tweezers and a sewing seam ripper.  Weeding takes no time for me.  My wife enjoys weeding now so all Ihave to to do is cut give it to her to weed then go make some cash.

My wife enjoys weeding now so all Ihave to to do is cut give it to her to weed then go make some cash.

Does it get any better for you?  B)

I've asked the boyfriend to help weed on occasion ... the end result is usually a re-cut because something got accidentally weeded and balled up with the trash.  :-

I do the main weeding...my 85 year old mom does all the centers...and loves doing it. At that age,anything is better than being bored I guess. She is a bit slow but good.

I know the centers don't sound like a lot BUT when you have 20 coroplast signs with 4 lines of text,that's a lot of centers.

I use a gap brand weeging tool I got from fellers. It's an exacto handle with interchangable blade or pick. I got tired of switching the two so for a couple of bucks, I bought an exato knife and keep both in the plastic tube the weeding tool came in. I also have a pair of tweezers nearby for picking up very small bits of vinyl that stick to the grapic. B)

I use an exacto knife, works wonderful......until it rolls off the table and sticks in your thigh.

JK, never happened with decals, but did when I was building an RC car. Now  I put a piece of tape on the shaft with a tab so it wont roll.

Zal